We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

naples airport to ischia

kingston upon hull
1 post
Save Topic
naples airport to ischia

What is the best way to travel from naples to ischia?

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
21,043 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: naples airport to ischia

Naples Beverello port is where the hyrdofiols heave for Ischia. Take the Alibus to the end 3 euro and walk to the port. Thkis map shows approximate locations. Orange volcano is the Alibus stop and the blue shiop the prot

maps.google.com/maps/ms…

Or take a taxi to the port fron the airport (about 25 euro), Therre is an offical rate tht the drivers pretend not to know about. Get the far confirmed befreo getting inn the taxi. My own worst taxi exeprience have been in Naples.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: naples airport to ischia

Hi there, good to hear of someone coming to the island!

From the airport, we usually take the very convenient Alibus, which leaves from immediately outside the exit of the Arrivals building....

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/114454837

At the far end of its route, walk past the huge Castel Nuovo, through the free-standing square arch, and then simply follow the walkway down to the Beverello hydrofoil quay...

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/image/132449571

(But perhaps stop for a look at the excavations of the long-lost Roman harbour, whose discovery has delayed the construction of the new Metro line you might have otherwise used to get there!)

Check the Departures board to find the next crossing, and go to that line's kiosk in the run of ticket offices to your right.

We generally only bother with a taxi if it's going to lets us just catch a hydrofoil - rather than having to wait for the next one...

The most frequent service is that of the Alilauro line, and their current timetable is usually available here - but do watch out as a new one comes into operation tomorrow morning....

http://www.alilauro.it/orari.pdf

Really it couldn't be much easier - even for the inexeprienced!

Peter

PS... There's some other stuff you may find useful, here....

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/gettingtoischia

...and, more generally, here...

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/allaboutischia

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: naples airport to ischia

The new timetables are out now - see...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g580214-i10609-k44…

Peter

Igersheim
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: naples airport to ischia

Hi, Peter,

nice to watch such a informing web site as yours about ischia were we wanna go in july - do you perhaps know the hotel villa angelica n lacco ameno and can you tell me something about it

easter grettings from germany

alexander

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: naples airport to ischia

Hi - and a Happy Easter to you as well!

I don't know the hotel, but funnily enough have looked it up for someone else only quite recently... I guess it must have had a good write-up in the Press or something similar?

As it's one street back from the coast, the views probably aren't wonderful, however the position is very convenient for Lacco Ameno - and I've hardly ever seen vehicles using the road it's on, so it should be fairly tranquil!

Looks lovely to me...

Peter

Igersheim
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: naples airport to ischia

Thanks to you Peter - I`ve just booked angelica - we will see and hope it`s a good decision,

greetings to olld england

Alexander

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: naples airport to ischia

Indeed - although I live on Ischia!

Peter

8. Re: naples airport to ischia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 am, October 30, 2012