We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reward Hotel in Sorrento booked - need advice/changing plans

Which Ischia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
552 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Reward Hotel in Sorrento booked - need advice/changing plans

On a budget - was going to use hotel rewards for 2 nights in Sorrento - but only hotel in the program is booked. But they have the Clarion Hotel Hermitage & Park Terme in Ischia available. I did not have anything planned to do in Sorrento, but we had one day in which we wanted to do a SITA bus tour of the Amalfi Coast and then use the other day to see Capri/Anacapri and that was it.

I have read that Sorrento is the best home base for what I have planned but now cannot do it. How would I (can I) do it by staying in Ischia both nights (or maybe coughing up the cash for at least one night in Sorrento? I am not familar with Ischia - frequency/modes/cost of transporattion from there to the places i would like to see mentioned above.

My interary was... Arrive by train to naples On Wednesday may 25 at 9am (possible stop at Pompeii on the way to Sorrento). Spend late afternoon/evening in Sorrento.

Day 1 - Amalfi Coast

Day 2 - Capri (leave late afternoon by hydrofoil tback to Naples for early morning flight out)

Florida
Level Contributor
552 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Reward Hotel in Sorrento booked - need advice/changing plans

OK thanks. I liked the your original plan, but when i saw that i could arrive at another port depending on whch hydrofoil i took, i wanted to make sure.

Florida
Level Contributor
552 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Reward Hotel in Sorrento booked - need advice/changing plans

I will print that map!

23. Re: Reward Hotel in Sorrento booked - need advice/changing plans

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, October 26, 2012