We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry choices/times/prices to Ischia from Naples

Mountainside, New...
Level Contributor
234 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
ferry choices/times/prices to Ischia from Naples

Hello, I've seen some posts on here about this but hopefully someone can answer my question directly.

I'd like to know my choices to go from Naples to Ischia? Are the hydrofoil and the regular ferry the two choices? I saw an old post that the regular ferry takes one hour and fifteen minutes while the hyrdofoil takes 45 minutes. Is this correct?

Do they both leave from the same place in Naples? How many times a day do the ferries run from Naples to Ischia and Ischia to Naples? Is it possible to do a day trip to Ischia?

This is for family members of mine who are visiting. I went a few years ago but can't remember any of these details.

Thank you.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ferry choices/times/prices to Ischia from Naples

www.ischiaonline.it/page.php…

should answer most of that.

How long they take varies a bit but I think the times you've got are about accurate, though some of the slow ferries might take a bit longer.

There are two ports in Naples that have connections to Ischia. Beverello has ferries and hydrofoils, Mergellina just has hydrofoils.

You can get to:

Ischia Porto by ferry from Beverello or hydrofoil from either.

Casamicciola by hydrofoil from either (but infrequent from Mergellina)

Forio by hydrofoil from Beverello (plus one boat on a Saturday from Mergellina)

There are also boats from Pozzuoli but that's outside of Naples itself.

Day trip, yes, definitely do-able.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ferry choices/times/prices to Ischia from Naples

Does anyone know if/which ferries or hydrofoils operate in October between Naples and Ischia? We're planning on departing Naples 5 October, returning to Naples 8 October. I've tried to ferry websites without any luck.

Many thanks for any help.

Peter

3. Re: ferry choices/times/prices to Ischia from Naples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, September 06, 2009