We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which are the must see villages of Ischia

canada
Level Contributor
100 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
which are the must see villages of Ischia

We have 3 nights in Ishcia. Which villages are a must see ?Trying to decide which village to use as a base.We are a family of 5 (kids ages 11,15,18). Any suggestions?

Thanks

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,966 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which are the must see villages of Ischia

I feel like the must-see places are more 'towns' than villages, mostly... (not sure what I'm basing the distinction on, mind you! :)). Although some places like Barano are probably a collection of villages making up a town, if you see what I mean.

It's all personal taste, really, but my favourite place is Ischia Ponte, which is next to (in fact, almost a continuation of) the main town at the port (Ischia Porto). It's quieter without being really sleepy and has a really nice atmosphere, some nice bars, shops, restaurants, etc. It's easy to get to from the port on a bus (or a short but comparatively expensive taxi ride). It's also where the Castello Aragonese is, and I think your family might enjoy exploring that...

It sort of depends on what you want to do. The really good (famous) beaches are Maronti, on the south coast of the island between Barano and Sant'Angelo (Sant'Angelo is very small and very pretty but also quite touristy and pretty busy), and Citara, which is near Forio (Forio is really nice - similar in 'atmosphere' to Ischia Ponte, and you can get a hydrofoil directly there from Naples, or it's a bus ride from the main port).

Then there are the spas that Ischia is famous for - not sure if you're interested in seeing those?

I vote for Ischia Ponte or Forio as a base... but like I said, personal preference!

2. Re: which are the must see villages of Ischia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, September 02, 2009