We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

location of bus stop in Casamicciola

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
location of bus stop in Casamicciola

Hi there - I am taking ferry from Naples to Casamicciola in a day or two and need to go to Lacco Ameno -- bus is cheapest!

Can anyone tell me how to get to the bus stop from the port in Casamicciola (presumably DS) and where the bus stops in Lacco Ameno? Also, anyone know roughly what a taxi would cost for the same distance?

Many thanks, in advance, for your help!

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
1. Re: location of bus stop in Casamicciola

The bus stop is right outside the (tiny) port. It'll only take a few minutes. Taxi would not cost much. I've often walked from Casamicciola to Lacco in ten minutes. Where is your hotel in Lacco? If it's up on the hillside overlooking the town then you definitely need a taxi, especially if you've got luggage.

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
2. Re: location of bus stop in Casamicciola

There are various bus stops in Lacco. Depends where you want to go.

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: location of bus stop in Casamicciola

Thanks very much!

Where, exactly, is the bus stop outside the port? I've only arrived there once before and it seemed a complete chaotic madness of cars and taxis! (We took a taxi and sat in traffic for a good 20 minutes before getting to the road. This time, I would prefer to walk to the road and take the bus but I don't know which way to go...)

And, a related question, where can I buy bus tickets?

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
4. Re: location of bus stop in Casamicciola

Slightly to the left as you leave the port, on the main road. There is a sort of short "bus lane" where the buses stop. You used to be able to buy tickets from the driver if you had the exact change, but I'm not sure these days.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: location of bus stop in Casamicciola

From the port, walk to the coast road, and the bus stop you'll want is just to the left.

The choice you'll have will be the CS, the 1 and the 2... all follow the same route to Lacco, and then turn away from the coast at the same point.

If boarding without a ticket, get on at the front and pay the driver (€2.50 each nowadays!) and get it stamped ASAP - or the inspectors may come down on you!

Taxis here tend to be rather dear - those based in Ischia comune, for example, have a minimum fare of about 12 Euro.... I'd expect it to be about the same from that port to anywhere within the borders of Lacco?

Peter

Oxford, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: location of bus stop in Casamicciola

Thanks very much to you both - that information is very helpful and very much appreciated!

7. Re: location of bus stop in Casamicciola

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, August 23, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Casamicciola Terme