We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Forio or ischia Porto/ponte

Nice
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Forio or ischia Porto/ponte

Can anyone advise me as a first time visitor to Ischia ,which is the nicer place to stay when we first arrive.- We don't know how to choose between IschiaPOrto/Ponte or Forio.

We would like somewhere lively and pretty with nice cafes.

My husband has the idea that Foreio would be less touiristy? We are going this October and would like to stay in a lovely hotel with a pool. Again any advice would be most welcome.

We are in our fifties.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Forio or ischia Porto/ponte

For our own vacations here we always used to choose Ischia Ponte - and that's where we moved to back in 2003....

Although I think of Forio as being more touristy, in fact that Comune and the city of Ischia have about the same number of hotel beds in all!

The western coast benefits from longer afternoons, with the sun setting into the sea there - but we much prefer the evening "nightlife" in Ponte.

Start here for several thousand photos from around the island....

www.pbase.com/isolaverde/allaboutischia

... with these all taken in various Octobers:

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde/recoct

Peter

2. Re: Forio or ischia Porto/ponte

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 22, 2013