We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting from Minori to Pompeii IN WINTER

New Orleans, LA
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
getting from Minori to Pompeii IN WINTER

I'll be in Minori in mid-February, and I'm trying to figure out the easiest and/or fastest way to get to Pompei Scavi. I have the SITA bus schedules; it appears that a single bus on weekdays goes from Minori to Pompei town. Can anyone tell me where in Pompei town the SITA bus stop is located?

I understand that it might be faster to get a ferry to Salerno, but I don't think the ferries run in the depths of winter. Please, somebody out there, help me out....I don't really want a long bus ride all the way from Minori to Sorrento just to get on the Circumvesuviana train.

South Orange, New...
Destination Expert
for Campania
Level Contributor
577 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: getting from Minori to Pompeii IN WINTER

from Minori, it's much faster to just take the bus to Salerno rather than all the way to Sorrento

New Orleans, LA
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting from Minori to Pompeii IN WINTER

Thanks so much--I'll dig up the SITA schedules for the route to Salerno. Any info on getting from the SITA bus stop to the Salerno train station?

South Orange, New...
Destination Expert
for Campania
Level Contributor
577 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: getting from Minori to Pompeii IN WINTER

no problem :-)

the SITA buses stop and leave from right in front of the Salerno train station - they should be frequent to/from Minori

4. Re: getting from Minori to Pompeii IN WINTER

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 25, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Minori
Recent Conversations