We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sorry more ferry advice requested

w62
London
Level Contributor
960 posts
210 reviews
Save Topic
Sorry more ferry advice requested

So the fast ferry timetable is out for Rafina to andros and andros to mykonos for September . I note that there is a golden star ferry which isn't yet available. I can't remember which one we booked last time. What's the difference and is the fast ferry the best one? It only offers a 9.30am andros to mykonos and we were hoping there was one about half ten. It's a bit confusing.

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
5,064 posts
216 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sorry more ferry advice requested

www.gt.gr have schedules. Most schedules with the remark "This schedule is not officially approved yet" use to be approved at a later stage. September is still a very long time ahead, so you have plenty of time for planning. I never make a plan A for Greek islands, unless I also have a plan B and a plan C. September is the best time for travelling with loose plans. Accomodation is always available.

w62
London
Level Contributor
960 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sorry more ferry advice requested

Thanks for a quick response. The reason I wanted to plan is that I left it when I visited a few years ago in early June (having been given the same advice on TA) and in arrival at Rafina found that the last ferry (5.30pm) was fully booked! So I am taking no chances this time!

Thanks again

Tanya

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
8,605 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sorry more ferry advice requested

If that early June visit was at the start of Pentecost weekend I can understand why the ferry may have been fully booked. A similar situation occurs in early September for ferries returning to the mainland, with families going home at the end of their holidays for the start of the school year. You shouldn't have a problem with ferries going out to the islands in September.

w62
London
Level Contributor
960 posts
210 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sorry more ferry advice requested

Thanks . We go to andros in the 4th and then andros to mykonos on the 11th.,we should be ok for those dates you think ?

5. Re: Sorry more ferry advice requested

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, September 01, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Andros