We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Old church in Korthi

Which Andros hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
160 reviews
Save Topic
Old church in Korthi

I've been reading the blog of the archaeological dig at Zagora (see previous topic), and one of the writers referred to (quote) "what is arguably the earliest surviving church in Greece – the 5th Century, St John the Theologian at Korthi in the south of Andros" Despite driving and walking around the Korthi area a number of times I've never come across this building - doe sanyone know exactly where it is? Can anyone supply any more details? The blog is really worth readingm by the way, with some wonderful photographs. Cheers, Malcolm

Cumbria, United...
Level Contributor
3,446 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Old church in Korthi

Could this be it?

http://www.panoramio.com/photo/45141130

Not my picture - found in the photos on Google maps of Korthi - if you zoom in on the map it gives you a better idea of its location. Its not on any of our maps/in any of our books though...

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
165 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Old church in Korthi

Hi Heather; many thanks - this looks like it could be it, the building is certainly Byzantine. We'll go and look at it in June when we're on Andros (for three whole weeks! - lucky us!). Thanks again, Malcolm

3. Re: Old church in Korthi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:15 am, February 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Andros
Recent Conversations