We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Top 4-5* hotels for honeymoon in Naxos 2 days/nights?

los angeles
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Top 4-5* hotels for honeymoon in Naxos 2 days/nights?

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Also, anyone else realize there are TWO "Naxos" forums on here?

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,749 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Top 4-5* hotels for honeymoon in Naxos 2 days/nights?

I suggest that you first decide whether you will like to stay in town or in one of the resorts in connection with the best beaches.

The do a survey over the ratings and reviews of the hotels on the overview page to find your choice. There are many options on Naxos.

BTW: I have not seen that there are two forums before.... :o)

los angeles
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Top 4-5* hotels for honeymoon in Naxos 2 days/nights?

I think I would prefer to stay near the water with a sea view, and explore the towns by exploring, not staying there.

Any suggestions on best beach resorts for Naxos?

los angeles
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Top 4-5* hotels for honeymoon in Naxos 2 days/nights?

thanks greek (forgot to type that)!

I saw a few Naxos beach ones, there are many contradictions some ppl rave and is best place ever, same place different reviews say worst place ever and huge ripoff!!

Any experienced ppl here know the Naxos beach resorts very well?

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,749 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Top 4-5* hotels for honeymoon in Naxos 2 days/nights?

In my opinion Agios Prokopios and Agia Anna are the best beaches on the island. However, I have not stayed in this area myself.

Both are connected to town with a frequent bus service during the season (be aware that you will have to buy your tickets beforehand in a supermaket, newsstand etc. befor eneterint the bus. You may buy as many tickets as you like to provide you during your stay).

I feel sure that someone here in this forum may support you with their experiences of hotels in these resorts.

los angeles
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Top 4-5* hotels for honeymoon in Naxos 2 days/nights?

thanks greek yet again!

Shropshire England
Level Contributor
422 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Top 4-5* hotels for honeymoon in Naxos 2 days/nights?

Hi jdro

I agree with Greek-traveller about Ag prokopios and Ag Anna beaches and the continuation to Plaka beach.

I have stayed in this area several times (as well as Naxos) and think its great location but I cant help you on 4/5* as i prefer smaller places to stay. However the Naxos forum/s (yes I dont understand why we have got 2 must get around to pointing this out to TA staff) is not large and if you go back a couple of pages you will find this subject was discussed on several threads earlier on in this summer and might provide you some background before someone shares their experience with you.

los angeles
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Top 4-5* hotels for honeymoon in Naxos 2 days/nights?

Thanks!! I will definitely check that out...

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,508 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Top 4-5* hotels for honeymoon in Naxos 2 days/nights?

jdro, i agree with the others' comments on the Agios Prokopios - Agia Anna area of Naxos. It's a lovely area, and one of our favourite parts of Naxos.

We have stayed at three different hotels within a relatively short distance of Agios Prokopios during our two visits to Naxos. We also have walked extensively around Naxos Town, and around the hotels situated next to and near Agios Georgios, the popular big beach right on the edge of Town. We think we chose the best place to stay by avoiding the busy Town and vicinity, and picking hotels in the Stelida and Agios Prokopios areas of the island instead. The reason: it was very quiet and peaceful, offered terrific views of beaches, the sea, and Paros island, was approximately a 20- to 30-minute walk to Agia Anna (where there is a strip of restaurants, bars, convenience stores, grocery stores, laundromats, car and bike rental firms, travel and tour agencies, etc.) and was a short taxi/bus ride to Town (or a scenic 50- to 60-minute walk to Town, mainly along Agios Georgios beach).

There are a lot of hotels in this vicinity; however, one thing I think you may want to keep in mind is that a four- or five-star hotel on Naxos is not going to be comparable to a similarly-rated hotel on Santorini or especially on Mykonos. If I recall correctly from our message exchanges on one of your other posts, you'll be staying at the Petasos Beach in Mykonos. I think you would be hard-pressed to find a similar quality hotel on Naxos, let alone in the Agios Prokopios area. Naxos hotels are pleasant and comfortable, to be sure, but I would describe them as being more "basic" and certainly much less "luxurious" with significantly fewer "frills" than you'll find at a Mykonos resort like the Petasos. Our personal experience has been that there is a very substantial and noticeable difference in terms of quality and standards between hotels on the two islands. I'd recommend keeping that in mind so you aren't disappointed with whatever hotel you stay at in Naxos.

Just based on what we've seen and what we ourselves have experienced, I'd describe the higher-end hotels on Naxos as being more like Holiday Inn than Four Seasons. We learned through trial and error not to visit Naxos with high expectations of hotels, and I think that is one reason why there can be a vast range of reviews for Naxos hotels -- travellers may have been expecting more, especially if they have stayed at top hotels on Mykonos, Santorini or other islands.

los angeles
Level Contributor
1,086 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Top 4-5* hotels for honeymoon in Naxos 2 days/nights?

Thanks again donnyb for taking all this time. When Naxos rules on my honeymoon, I'll have you to thank, LOL ;)

So question, you say best location is this:

"We have stayed at three different hotels within a relatively short distance of Agios Prokopios during our two visits to Naxos. We also have walked extensively around Naxos Town, and around the hotels situated next to and near Agios Georgios, the popular big beach right on the edge of Town. We think we chose the best place to stay by avoiding the busy Town and vicinity, and picking hotels in the Stelida and Agios Prokopios areas of the island instead. The reason: it was very quiet and peaceful, offered terrific views of beaches, the sea, and Paros island, was approximately a 20- to 30-minute walk to Agia Anna (where there is a strip of restaurants, bars, convenience stores, grocery stores, laundromats, car and bike rental firms, travel and tour agencies, etc.) and was a short taxi/bus ride to Town (or a scenic 50- to 60-minute walk to Town, mainly along Agios Georgios beach)."

Is this where Marandi is or is Marandi from from this "best" area you describe??

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,508 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Top 4-5* hotels for honeymoon in Naxos 2 days/nights?

I'd say it would take about half an hour to walk from Marandi to Agios Prokopios beach (the route would be along a couple of roads past some other hotels/resorts and private homes, then down a hill and across a field to reach the beach). The walk along the beach to Agia Anna would be about 20 more minutes from there (Agios Prokopios is a very long golden sand beach; its far end begins at a rocky hill that juts into the sea, and the beach gradually curves as it approaches Agia Anna beach. When you walk from hotels in the Agios Prokopios area to the beach, you emerge on the sand near the far end).

The direct walk (i.e. non-beach route) to the strip of shops and restaurants at Agia Anna would follow a series of roads that wind down a hillside; one of these roads is the main road from Agia Anna to Naxos Town, so it can get quite busy with traffic. Since there are no sidewalks, some people find it quite a harrowing experience to walk this route, though we never had a problem by keeping to the shoulder whenever vehicles approached. Nevertheless, it can be quite unsettling to have vehicles race past you at close range (you'll encounter much the same thing if you walk on the main road between Oia and Fira on Santorini!)

By the way, it's largely a downhill walk to reach the beaches; that means it's uphill all the way back (something to keep in mind because it does make for a more challenging walk after a big meal with lots of wine or beer and ouzo!)

Get answers to your questions about Naxos Town