We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cyclades trip advise

staffordshire
Level Contributor
294 posts
303 reviews
Save Topic
Cyclades trip advise

Hi we have 39 nights to hop around the islands. We land in Mykonos 15th june have already booked our first 2 nights.

Koufinoussi 2 nights > Schinoussa 2 nights > Heraklia 2 nights

Naxos 7 nights >Paros 2 nights.This will bring us up to 7th july so we can take the ferry then to Serifos 2 nights >Sifnos 2 nights >Kimalos 2 nights >Milos 7 nights Ios 2 nights .

We have booked 3 nights 21st to 24th Santorini for our flight home.

We still have 5 nights free to add on or go to another island .Do you think this will be ok or to much to fit in ? .Also is 2 nights enough to spend on the small islands ?.Would appreciate any advice.

nc usa
Level Contributor
1,948 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cyclades trip advise

IMO it's too much. Every time you change location you'll burn up most of a day. If it were me I would knock off half of the places, but that's just me. You won't get to see much of any of the islands in a day.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,439 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cyclades trip advise

You will have a wonderful time as long as you don't try to stick with a rigid itinerary, and will able to "fine tune" as you go along. I agree with Mitsa — I would cut the destinations in half and spend twice as long on each island. :-)

staffordshire
Level Contributor
294 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cyclades trip advise

Thanks but have read that the small cyclades only need 2 days and the ferry to those run early in the morning so would have 2 full days on each of the islands. We still have 5 days to add onto the other destinations .Would we need to book rooms before we go or would we get rooms on arrival easy ?.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
21,964 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cyclades trip advise

2 nights on any of the larger islands will still only mean arrive and turn around - you will not get any time to get a feeling of the island (like you have planned for Paros, Serifos, Sifnos and Ios). Your time on the Small Cyclades as well will depend upon how you like to use your time - what are your prefences to see and do ?

staffordshire
Level Contributor
294 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cyclades trip advise

Hi on the small cyclades will do some walking then chill . In Paros just chill has have been there before on a package many years ago .Is Serifos and Sifnos worth 4 or 5 days ? we want to have a good look around and may be hire some sort of transport. What islands would you cut out?

Leeds
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
11,550 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cyclades trip advise

I think I'd be inclined to 'go with the flow' a bit more rather than planning so much in advance. We found 2 nights in Schinoussa was long enough for us but spent 3 nights on Iraklia and loved it. I spent 3 nights on Sifnos and could have stayed longer.

39 nights island hopping sounds wonderful to me, but I wouldn't try and do too much. Certainly in June I've never had a problem getting accommodation on arrival - I've never been in Greece in July as it gets too hot for me so not sure how easy it will be to get accommodation on arrival by the end of your holiday.

Chorley, United...
Level Contributor
192 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cyclades trip advise

Hi, I think you are doing to many islands. If you wish to retain then I would just spread the 5 days out amongst those you intend to visit, this would give you more time to relax and see the island in question.

We are doing similar as from 17th May. Going to Sifnos, 4 nights, same on Milos and Ios. Then either about 18 on Naxos or split a few on Paros. From Naxos it is Syros for 3 and then overnight to Kos for about 6 nights.

At the time of booking Easy Jet were not taking bookings for Mykonos or, Santorini or, I hadn`t picked up on it!

Isle of Wight
Level Contributor
244 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cyclades trip advise

I would agree, best not book accommodation apart from your start and finish. Would recommend you include Antiparos for a couple of nights. Note that on Serifos there is a bye law forbidding owners meeting and selling to the arriving ferries. This took us by surprise however we soon found good accommodation overlooking the port and beach just by wandering and knocking. We intended to stay on Ios for several days but moved on after one night. Whilst we quite enjoy loud loud popular music at home, this is not for us 24 hours on a Greek island!

staffordshire
Level Contributor
294 posts
303 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cyclades trip advise

Hi Gemma1 we will go with the flow has only booked 2 nights at the start and 3 days at the end .This is only a plan and can be altered at any time , just need a route to go by if it needs to miss some of the islands and have more days on an other that will be fine just like to know peoples views has it is something to go by and appreciate all the advice.

Sarniasiren

Hope you have a good time and your plans turn out well .We booked with Easy Jet in Feb and got a good deal.

J&B We have not booked accommodation only start and end of our trip .and thanks did not know Serifos would not be met at port this will be a good point and i will note it THANKS.

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,618 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cyclades trip advise

I think you have a good route to follow, or not to follow. Go to Koufonissi, and stay as long as you feel for. Maybe it will be two, maybe more. When you are about to be half around the circle, you may start considering which island(s) to drop off, or put in some others. On the way from Milos to Ios, you might look at Forlegandros and Sikinos.

The weather or the beauty may "force" you to stay longer on an island. Or a bad accomodation may make you want to leave earlier. My experience with this kind of travel is that 3 nights on an island is the shortest, and 7 may be a little too long if you dont have special interests. One or two night is only to change ferries.

Get answers to your questions about Naxos Town