We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a car on Naxos need help

Level Contributor
190 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Renting a car on Naxos need help

I would like to rent a car for the day and drive around the island. Can you help me with this?

Athens - Greece
Level Contributor
2,496 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Renting a car on Naxos need help

It would be best to wait until you arrive in the island and shop for the best price......

Level Contributor
190 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Renting a car on Naxos need help

thanks Athenas, I wanted to know if one company was better than the other on the island. Will book when I arrive. Thanks again for responding.

North Berwick...
Level Contributor
207 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Renting a car on Naxos need help

There are plenty of car hire places - just remember that the 'best' price doesn't always mean the best and most reliable car.

We've always used the Rental Center in the main square. The staff are very friendly, helpful and efficient, and cars have always been very reliable.

You can email or phone them to book in advance if you need to, and they will meet you at the port or airport with your car.

rentalcenter@nax.forthnet.gr

Tel: 0030 22850 23395

Level Contributor
190 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Renting a car on Naxos need help

Thanks so much Marili for you help with the rental car. Will check it out. Any other tips you can share about Naxos would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
North Berwick...
Level Contributor
207 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Renting a car on Naxos need help

What other information do you need? I'd be happy to help, if I can.

Norway
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Renting a car on Naxos need help

Hi, I've been to Naxos 4 times and I'm going again this summer late June. I've always rented cars and beach buggies at two places;- cars at the main square like another person here says, and buggies farther down the street from the main square towards the St. Georges beach, at Mike's Hire. Good service, reliable.

Take great care when driving at the mountain roads, drive slowly and let others pass. Roads are very narrow, and with the load of tourists where some are not very experienced drivers, it's better to be safe than sorry. You see, if you are unlucky and end up in an accident, you have to deal with the Greek police, and even though they are often great guys, very few of them speak much English. language is then the main obstacle, so take care. More tourists than locals are involved in accidents, and most of these tourists are very inexperienced drivers, especially those renting motorbikes and beach buggies which they have never driven. Tip: Rent a car as drive as far south as possible on the west side of the island. Wonderful isolated beaches, but bring your own food and a shade. No service, but the best beaches!

From a Norwegian.

Good luck.

Kaare

Mentioned in this post
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
Level Contributor
190 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Renting a car on Naxos need help