We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

For those who have stayed at Hotel Glaros in Naxos....

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
478 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
For those who have stayed at Hotel Glaros in Naxos....

Hi,

I am trying to decide on which room I would like at Hotel Glaros in Naxos and it's a hard decision, although all of the ones I am looking at share the same beautiful view. I want a third floor room. If you have stayed in rooms 11, 12 (both 11/12 share the same big cool-looking terrace), or 13 (private terrace), please let me know your thoughts. I would be very grateful. The private balcony is appealing, but I love the way the shared balcony is so large and kinda loungy looking. Also, were the rooms and bathrooms in these three rooms of good size? Thank you so much.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,887 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: For those who have stayed at Hotel Glaros in Naxos....

We have stayed at Hotel Glaros and in rooms 11 and 12. That was before the renovations so I have not seen them in their updated format but they were the largest rooms in the hotel when we stayed there.

The patio is great and as I recall was reserved for the three rooms on the top floor so we never saw any other guests in the 4 nights we stayed there. You will not be disappointed if you choose these rooms.

Here are some images of Glaros. You will see three shots of the patio the 11 13 and 15th pictures. The rest of the album are other hotels at St George but Glaros is the first one in the album.

flickr.com/photos/…

boston
Level Contributor
118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: For those who have stayed at Hotel Glaros in Naxos....

Hi there...we are also looking at Hotel Glaros for our 4 night stay in June. I'm curious where you are able to look at actual room numbers for booking? I haven't seen that on any of the sites and it would make it easier to decide what accommodation to book. Thanks in advance!

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,887 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: For those who have stayed at Hotel Glaros in Naxos....

I think you will have to send an E mail to Alex at hotel Glaros and ask him for advice. To the best of my recollection all the rooms are basically identical all with small balconies with sea view except for the three units on the third floor which are larger. If you are not planning on the third floor, our room was on the second floor which I would recommend as it has more height for viewing the sea,

Boston...
Level Contributor
108 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: For those who have stayed at Hotel Glaros in Naxos....

Thank you, I did go ahead and reserve a room on the third floor. The hotel's own website did state which floor the rooms were on, just not specific room numbers. The 2nd floor appeared to be sold out. We are so excited for our first trip to Greece and I greatly appreciate the wonderful advice on these boards!

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,887 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: For those who have stayed at Hotel Glaros in Naxos....

Hi Breadsmom. Since you have made the decision to stay at St George I have some pictures of St George beach and Naxos town just to show you you have made the right decision.

flickr.com/photos/…

Naxos town

flickr.com/photos/…

Have a great time

Perhaps we will see you in the lobby we will be there mid June.

Boston...
Level Contributor
108 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: For those who have stayed at Hotel Glaros in Naxos....

Awesome pics Stanbr ! We will be there from 6/17 - 6/21...counting the days ...

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
478 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: For those who have stayed at Hotel Glaros in Naxos....

Breadsmom, did you request a certain room? Rms 11-12 have the large shared balcony while room 13 has the smaller private one. Just curious...having trouble making up my mind. I will be there a week after you!

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,887 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: For those who have stayed at Hotel Glaros in Naxos....

emis if this helps I believe the private balcony at 13 looks is around the corner and looks over towards Nissaki and I believe that will somewhat limit the full expanse of the ocean view you would get from the shared patio.

I have to admit we never went around the corner to unit 13 but I believe the view is probably superior from the shared patio by 11 and 12.

We will be there the week before breadmom.

Edited: 12:42 pm, January 13, 2013
boston
Level Contributor
118 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: For those who have stayed at Hotel Glaros in Naxos....

Hi again, I did not request a specific room as the hotels site did not show room numbers ? I just clicked on " 3rd floor superior room" I think that's how it read. Maybe I should send a separate email requesting rm 11 or 12 ?

ireland
Level Contributor
86 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: For those who have stayed at Hotel Glaros in Naxos....

Hi there to all

I found The Hotel Glaros when browsing last night but didnt save it !! Have just spent hours trying to find it again and then decided to have one last look on the forum and there it was !! Just like Magic !! Think i will treat myself to an overnight here before i head to Paros

So thanks everyone

Regards Irene

Get answers to your questions about Naxos Town