We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November hotel

Which Naxos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shropshire England
Level Contributor
410 posts
Save Topic
November hotel

I have been to Naxos many times but never as late as November. I am aware of what will be open or not at this time, weather etc but have no experience of hotels in November.

What experiences/reccomendations do people have of Naxos Town hotels at this time of year? I would expect to pay less than I pay in June and under E25 would be great.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,679 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November hotel

Hi Mikri,

In Naxos town your best option and most recommended out of season will be Coronis on the waterfront:

http://www.hotel-coronis.gr/

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,233 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: November hotel

Hotel Coronis have been my favorite for years. In addition to hotel Coronis, the same owners have opened a brand new hotel, Hotel Xenia. It is situated just behind Coronis in the same building as Waffle House and a jewellers shop. It is very modern with more space in the rooms, flat-screen TV and large bath-room with all ammenities. They serve breakfast on ground floor. Some rooms have a view to the port. I am certain you may use the same mail as for Coronis.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: November hotel

If you go to www.booking.com you can find over 50 hotels open in November and quite a few of them are below the 25 euro mark.

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,233 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: November hotel

I would never, ever, use booking.com to find a hotel on a Greek island. If you try searching on dates in november they claim "only 2 rooms left" or "big demand on these dates, try some other" and so on - which is obviously not true. But most important, I dont want the Greek hotel owners to share their money with some foreign company.

If Coronis or Xenia is to pricy, I would try Pension Sofi. It is also in the town, use to stay open all year and get good reviews.. http://www.pensionsofi.gr/

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
3,483 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: November hotel

Well, you may not want hotel owners to share their money with a foreign company but they are there voluntarily. No one is forcing them. Pension Sofi is there too. I stayed there a couple years ago having booked via booking. The "only two rooms left" message is due to the fact that the owners do not have to advertise all their rooms with booking.com. They may add more if they want to.

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,233 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: November hotel

The statement "big demand on theese days" is a lie, nothing more or less. I know many rooms and hotels on Naxos are there,( and voluntarily). It shows their need that they voluntarily pay a commision of 20-30% to get few more customers The truth is that theese booking-companies, many of them owned by Expedia, have got such power that they can dictate the rules. "If you dont play by us, we send the customers elsewhere".

Shropshire England
Level Contributor
410 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: November hotel

Thanks for your help, I now have a few options. Just waiting for Blue Star to release their November schedules! It seems they may operate a reduced service compared to previous years.

Edited: 5:36 am, October 08, 2012
Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,233 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: November hotel

Expect Blue Star november schedule to be identical with todays schedule. They may change the ferry, but times of departure have been the same for years. Buy the ticket at the port prior to departure, no need to pre-book.

Edited: 6:34 am, October 08, 2012
Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,233 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: November hotel

Sorry - I didn't read your last sentence. Anyway, I would be very surprised if they dont do a daily round trip on their main route Pireus-Paros-Naxos-Santorini.

BTW - my wife is insisting on having another trip to Naxos this year. In December.

Shropshire England
Level Contributor
410 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: November hotel

Hi Periscope

BS seem to have dropped the 17.30 Saturday sailing from Piraeus in the current schedule, which would have been my prefered sailing.

"BTW - my wife is insisting on having another trip to Naxos this year. In December" Seems you have a sensible wife!