We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it for us?

Which Naxos Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Is it for us?

We are a family of 4 - 2 in our mid 30's, early 40's and 2 teenage boys aged 15 and 19. We tend to like resorts with a good supply of tavernas, and a reasonable number of bars. Clubs are not our thing, nor are endless 'british' pubs and English breakfasts. I like it busy enough that we can meet other people but not so busy I have to reserve tables in the restaurants, and safe enough for the boys to go off on their own if they feel like it.

Do you think Naxos Town suits my brief?

As a comparison we have enjoyed Molyvos in Lesvos if that helps at all?

Thanks

Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,641 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Is it for us?

I agree that Paros is difficult to do as a day trip from Naxos but I have done Mykonos and back. I wouldn't really recommend it though as there is a small risk of not being able to get back. There are excursion boats to Delos, Santorini and Koufonissia in high season and this is probably the way to go.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,861 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Is it for us?

If you are prepared to make it a long day, Paros is fully possible. You have the Blue Star for Paros at appr. 9:30 am, and return from Parikia for Naxos at appr. 11 pm. This offers a full day on Paros and makes it possible to combine Parikia and Naoussa for a day etc.

For the return it is also possible to buy a single ticket for one of the day excursion boats (like Naxos Star) from Naoussa at appr. 6 pm for Naxos.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
6,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Is it for us?

YOu are right, Erik, as ever.

Toronto
Level Contributor
123 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Is it for us?

greek-traveller once again thank you for your infor. Great question Spirrett I was thinking the same b/c in Canada all the travel books that I had looked at talked about the "main" islands but not Naxos so I was not sure. But after looking at Greek-traveller websites and other post from TA users. Naxos looks like a great place and the price Wow one word "value".

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
7,181 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Is it for us?

(hope you don't mind me tagging onto your forum) What will the weather be like in mid August? We hare having a 1 in a lifetime visit to the Greel Islands, and we have a toatal of 6 nights. (not much I know but...) What other Island would you link it with?

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,861 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Is it for us?

Mid August is peak season, and it will be both crowded and most likely very hot.

Islands to connect with Naxos are Paros & Santorini. However, not to waste any time by packing, unpacking and travelling (when your time is as limited as it seems with 6 days only), you should be aware of that you can stay on Naxos and have day excursions for other islands:

greeka.com/cyclades/…naxos-tours.htm

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
2,818 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Is it for us?

Re the possibility of doing a day trip to Paros from Naxos:

If you want to get to Paros very early, this last summer there was a daily flying dolphin from Naxos at 8.00 a.m. and its first call was at Piso Livadi on Paros. You would then have to get to Parikia somehow to get a ferry back (or Naoussa to get the Naxos Star). This could be done by bus or taxi, but could be regarded as part of the sightseeing and it is possible to break the journey at the village in the middle of the island (forgotten its name).

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
833 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Is it for us?

Are the excursion trips to Delos/ mykonos every day of the week ?

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,092 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Is it for us?

Excursions to Delos/Mykonos from Naxos and Paros are on Tuesdays, Thursdays, & Sundays (taken from last year's timetables for both Alexander and Naxos Star).

Chorley, United...
Level Contributor
189 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Is it for us?

May I suggest a daytrip from Naxos to Paros.

As mentioned Blue Star seem always to have a ferry leaving at 9.30.

On arrival catch a bus ovet to Golden Beach via Lefkes. This village is very pleasant and worth exploring in itself. You can then have a swim on any of the beaches as you walk to Piso Livadi. Bars and tavernas available.

Then catch the bus along the coast to Noussa spending an hour or two there before catching the bus to Parakia,

There visit the church of a 100 doors,a terrific building. The narrow streets can then be explored.

Plenty of bars and tavernas just beyond the bus station on the coast

Then return on the ferry at either 10 or 11 dependant on which day you choose