We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Distance between Newport News & Williamsburg

Which Newport News hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Queens, New York
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Distance between Newport News & Williamsburg

Visiting Williamsburg again next year only this time I'm taking Amtrak instead of driving. Have a great car rental deal at the airport in Newport News. Can anyone tell me: is it very far and costly to take a taxi from Williamsburg to Newport News airport to pick up rental car. Appreciate any help here.

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Pompano Beach
Level Contributor
4,207 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Distance between Newport News & Williamsburg

Are you really getting a much better deal than Enterprise in Williamsburg? I've picked up friends at Newpot News and it's quite a distance.

Williamsburg...
Destination Expert
for Williamsburg
Level Contributor
6,817 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Distance between Newport News & Williamsburg

It's around 20 miles, give or take a few. I called two limo/car service companies, and a taxi company, and got quotes of $40-$95. Multiply by two if you're returning the car to Newport News.

You might want to check into training to Newport News, and using a taxi to get to the airport rental. The distance between the train and the airport is about 9 miles, so might be less, but I don't know the difference in fares for the train to NN vs. Williamsburg.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Distance between Newport News & Williamsburg

Thank you both for your help.

I know about and where Hertz is in Williamsburg, but didn't know about Enterprise; will check their prices.

Train fare from NY to Williamsburg and Newport News are the same as I checked that option as well. May take train into Newport News and taxi over to airport.

Again thank you for your suggestions.

4. Re: Distance between Newport News & Williamsburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 11, 2010