We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sancerre in winter

melbourne
6 posts
Save Topic
sancerre in winter

we are planning to spend some time in Sancerre in winter - early december. Our daughter (13) wants to do some french language classes at the school there. While it would be great for her to spend two weeks improving her French language we wonder how it will be for us. Any advice?

3 replies to this topic
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,961 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sancerre in winter

In terms of what? Weather? Activities? Wine?

It's the dead of winter -- everything's going to be at least somewhat limited.

Albany, New York
Level Contributor
86 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sancerre in winter

If you have a car you could road trip around? My understanding though is that your daughter will be in class only the morning or the afternoon each day, so it's really only a few hours you will have to find something to do?

Pittsburgh, PA
Level Contributor
2,311 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: sancerre in winter

Since Sancerre is a village, I think you'd definitely want a car for the time you're there. I spent a week at the language school in an October, and that was fine, but for a second week, I'd have wanted a car. It's a very "cute" village with good restaurants, etc., but it is only so big, and if you're not going to class yourself, you might want to get out of town occasionally.

Reply to: sancerre in winter
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sancerre
More Sancerre Topics