We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Soccer or baseball in Granada

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hove
Level Contributor
87 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Soccer or baseball in Granada

Buenas

Will be in Granada Second week of Novemeber and wondering if I can catch a game of either baseball, soocer or another national sport in the flesh?

Tried looking online but either I've picked the wrong time of year or nothing is happening.

Any local help appreciated

Cheers

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
6,937 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Soccer or baseball in Granada

tripadvisor.com/…45739199

Put baseball in the search box above. This is one of the answers. We enjoyed a basball game one January in Ganada. Pay the pennies more for a premium seat. Enjoy the food and fruit opportunities. Be prepared for a raucous time Nicaraguans love their baseball

hove
Level Contributor
87 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Soccer or baseball in Granada

@felschurch thanks for the info

the links on that previous thread are dead or show up an empty calendar for November

any idea if there are games in novemeber

out of curiosity where is the stadium in Granada?

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,078 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Soccer or baseball in Granada

Hola Yazzman this is the link for the professional ligue that will start in November (beisbolind.com/index.php…) but how you will see there is still not update but games are about to start so when you get to granada ask to the front desk of the hotel where you will stay and they will find out for you, also any taxi driver know where the games will be. So far the first game will be the 25 of October against the boer from Managua so that will be ahell of a game.

Byron

http://byronortega.wix.com/tour-leader

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
6,937 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Soccer or baseball in Granada

Up Atravazada to Calle La Immaculada..take a left..out a few blocks. As Byron suggested we took a taxi to and from stadium. Dark at night but I walked out to the road from the stadium and hailed a taxi.. Remember a taxi in Granada is very likely to already have someone in it. This did not bother us except for one occasion when the first passenger was delivered to a field!.. Of course you can wait for an empty taxi.

If you do not speak spanish you may want to have address written down

Byron.. I could not master saying "La Union" so drivers could understand me!. I would go to La Colonia and walk across the street!!!!!!!

Edited: 11:49 am, October 06, 2013
Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Soccer or baseball in Granada

The baseball league starts on October 25th and it will go until February next year, at some point while you are in Granada there will be a game i am sure of that.

hove
Level Contributor
87 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Soccer or baseball in Granada

Gracias Byron

I checked link but the calender is empty.

As another poster has suggested will check in with hotel fornt desk about games.

Sure they will have the "skinny"

Thanks for all responses

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
7 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Soccer or baseball in Granada

was just there on Oct 20, 2013. They prefer baseball man, name of team is granda sharks... something like that, just dont get hustled there man. take care. And not really sure about taxis during the daytime youre better off taking a horse and carriage. faster and cooler....later bro.

Edited: 11:23 pm, October 21, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
7 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Soccer or baseball in Granada

Sorry and if you really want to know a game, just go to city center/town square or just ask a local man.....

Edited: 11:25 pm, October 21, 2013
hove
Level Contributor
87 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Soccer or baseball in Granada

As a thank you for the info I got on here I wrote an little article on my baseball experience in Granada.

…blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/baseball-in-granada-…

Do check it out and let me know your thoughts

Cheers

Edited: 6:04 am, December 06, 2013
west. pennsylvania
Level Contributor
306 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Soccer or baseball in Granada

yazzman,

Really enjoyed your baseball blog. Thanks. I wrote a more detailed response on your blogsite. I understand from my frequent travels there, that you find the same exuberance in the Mexico leagues as well, once isnide the stadium. But, soccer is still #1 there. When I ask for the baseball schedule in Mexico, they look at me like I'm loco.