We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Granada to Antigua in 2 weeks at the end of July?

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Granada to Antigua in 2 weeks at the end of July?

Hello,

Is it reasonable to go from Granada to Antigua by land in 2 weeks and still enjoy ourselves while seeing the countries? We would likely take the Tica bus from Managua to Guatamala City. The other choice is to stay in Nica and travel around there.

We are wondering whether or not any one has successfully/enjoyably done the former. Is it an idea worth exploring? Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Granada to Antigua in 2 weeks at the end of July?

That depends if you really want to go straight to Antigua from Granada, but Granada and Nicaragua is also a nice spot to visit, Granada is not as Antigua, Antigua as its own Charm but Granada is also a nice and beautiful colonial city with the regular people living on their houses, good price for everything and a very low crime rate compare to Guatemala.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Granada to Antigua in 2 weeks at the end of July?

Thanks for your time and advice. We seem to have decided to stay in Nica afterall.

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Granada to Antigua in 2 weeks at the end of July?

If you spend one week in this spectacular country, I recommend going south of the capital. Granada, Ometepe and San Juan Del Sur.

Day 1: Visit to the colonial city of Granada including a boat ride on the little Islands of Granada at Lake Nicaragua.

Day 2: Day trip to the city of Masaya, visiting the first national park of Nicaragua Masaya Volcano, Masaya art craft market, Catarina view point, San Juan de Oriente pottery town and canopy tour at Mombacho volcano.

Day 3: Transfer to Ometepe Island. Lunch at Moyogalpa and later walking tour in charco Verde. Enjoy the rest of the afternoon in your hotel.

Day 4: Full day trip on the island visiting Finca Magdalena, Finca El Porvenir, Playa santo domingo la piedra inculta trail, Altagracia y el ojo de agua. Or hike one of the two volcanoes Maderas volcano or Concepcion volcano. Or hike at San Ramon Waterfall.

Day 5 and 6: Transfer to San Juan Del Sur and enjoy of the beach.

Day 7: Transfer back to Managua airport.

Enjoy Nicaragua.

If needmore advice will be my pleaure to help you

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Granada to Antigua in 2 weeks at the end of July?

Thanks for the info!

I saw in another of your postings you spoke of taxis from Managua to Granada for $15. I've been quoted from the hotels $40 to $50. Is grabbing one from the airport when I arrive on a Sunday afternoon advised? Do you need to haggle?

Thanks again for your advice.

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Granada to Antigua in 2 weeks at the end of July?

US$40.00 is the going rate from Managua to Granada Byron probably mentioned a shared shuttle service from paxeos

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Granada to Antigua in 2 weeks at the end of July?

OK Thanks so much!

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,071 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Granada to Antigua in 2 weeks at the end of July?

Yes that´s right a shuttle service from Managua to Granada will be about $15 US but i also metion that a taxy ride from the airport to UCA busstation which are the busses to Leon or Garanada can cost from $10 to $15 us.

And about malaria don´t worry have to be a a desaster in order in a place like granada can have malaria.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
34 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Granada to Antigua in 2 weeks at the end of July?

You are so kind to offer your time and expertise.

Thank you!

9. Re: Granada to Antigua in 2 weeks at the end of July?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:41 pm, June 21, 2013