We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Granada map

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,615 posts
123 reviews
Save Topic
Granada map

For new readers i am bringing this map forward

www.openstreetmap.org/…

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,234 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Granada map

thanks!

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Granada map

great map found what I needed thanks

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
39 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Granada map

Thanks for posting this! We're headed there in June. Any advice?

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,615 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Granada map

Eat at El Garaje--see reviews to left. Try local foods --nacatamales from a home, chicken at a fritanga, one near Ciudad restaurant. Check to see what's on at Tres Mundos art or music. Eat someone's fried quapote fish--Las Colinas is famous for it but I liked it at Asese and Mombacho Villas. Gallery Ubago has good art/crafts but do the White Towns for all that stuff. Try the Tres Leches cake at Bakery Maria lende.

Breakfast or lunch at Garden Cafe--check out leather shop next door and Ole shop down the street' Buy cigars at Dona Elbe not Mombacho on La Calzada. Have a cup of coffee at Hotel Dario coffee shop or Lilly's.

Any questions?

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
39 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Granada map

Wow! Thank you! Any advice on what volcano(es) not to miss? Short hikes only.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,615 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Granada map

There does not need to be any hike at Masaya. Be aware it can be very smokey...cars must be parked facing the exit for quick getaway

You could do Mombacho and just do the truck ride up and a short walk to suit you..no smoke. Buy some Cafe Flores

coffee on the way up

Do you know where you are staying yet?

Edited: 8:46 pm, May 14, 2012
Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,615 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Granada map

We found an excellent dentist if you need your teeth cleaned!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
524 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Granada map

Southern...check out Patio de Malinche, excellent place, low season prices.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Granada map

I came across OpenStreetMap.org a while ago. I was pleasantly surprised how good it was -- it covers Granada much better than Google Maps!

colorado
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Granada map

Beware of Gallery Ubago! This quaint gallery of beautiful local art runs a tourist scam. They will sell you art at discounted prices with an offer to ship for free (and you can include your other purchases, such as hammock, etc). However, the purchase is never shipped and money never refunded. Check other travel sites for verification of this scam. Don't be fooled by the gracious, friendly demeanor of the sales staff & Silvio Ubago, the owner. This is nothing more than robbery, conducted in a professional manner. Let them know you have been warned. Take your business elsewhere!