1) A taxi ride to Granada from Managua was $40 USD.
2) My positive review of Hotel Con Corazon will be posted by TripAdvisor shortly.
3) The tourist attraction Fortaleza La Polvora is closed for two months.
4) There are many aggressive street vendors (pottery, sunglasses, pictures, whistles, mirrors, tobacco products) in the vicinity or Parque Colon and Calle La Calzada. Politely refuse their wares with "No gracias."
5) Kathy's Waffle House has the BEST coffee and gallo pinto in Granada. Their pancakes and omelettes are also fantastic.
6) The restaurant Mamatere appears to be closed.
7) At the restuarant "Comidas Tipicas y Mas" on Calle La Calzada, try the Tipico #2 platter.
8) The Margarita Bar and Grill (Calle La Calzada) has three rooms for rent for $20, $25, and $30 per day depending on the size of the bed in the room and number of persons staying in the room.
9) Nuestro Mundo Restaurant and Bar, located at the corner of the Parque Colon and yellow cathedral, has two red felt pool tables for rent upstairs for 60 Cordobas (~$3) per hour.
10) Wednesday night is quiz night at O'Shea's Irish Pub (Calle La Calzada) beginning at 7pm. First prize is a 750ml bottle of Flor de Cana rum, with second and third prize being free laundry service. The cost is 10 Cordoba (~50 cents) per person to play, with the money donated to a local charity organization (La Esperanza).
11) US Dollars are WIDELY accepted in Granada. If you pay in Dollars, you may receive change in Cordobas (not a problem). There is no need to use money changers that can be found standing on some street corners in Granada.
12) It is possible to climb the bell tower of the yellow cathedral next to Parque Colon if the front door of the cathedral is open. Cost: $1.
13) Do not give money to kids (8 to 12 years of age) begging on the street, especially on Calle La Calzada. They use the money to buy glue to sniff in order to get high.
14) La Disco El Club: Thursday night is ladies night. Women get in free but men pay about $7. A plastic band is put around your wrist and you are given a small white plastic cup upon entry. The white cup is for free Tona beer served at the bar all night. Great music with a modern dance floor and lots of space!
15) Tierra Tour has great tours to local sites, especially the Masaya volcano. Tour guide Carlos and driver Roberto will take great care of you. The Tierra Tour office is located on Calle La Calzada.
16) The taxi ride from Granada to Managa is $35 USD.