We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stroller for a 2 year old in Granada?

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Philly
5 posts
Save Topic
Stroller for a 2 year old in Granada?

very short and simple question;) We are going to Granada this saturday and plan on staying 5 days in Hotel con Corazon. We plan on using them for few trips/activities around and were wondering if we need a stroller for our daughter to go around city or not? She is walking but as you can imagine will not do more than few blocks.

GA
Level Contributor
35 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stroller for a 2 year old in Granada?

We were just there & saw plenty of strollers. Just be aware that the sidewalks are not exactly smooth & easy to navigate.

- just watch out for missing utility covers. Walking the city is fantastic - my 4-year-old ended up riding on daddy's shoulders quite a bit. We also enjoyed the tour via horse carriage to take us a bit beyond comfortable walking distances - Javier with #21 was a great tour guide. Hotel Con Corazon was fabulous - my kids loved it there.

GA
Level Contributor
35 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stroller for a 2 year old in Granada?

We were just there & saw plenty of strollers. Just be aware that the sidewalks are not exactly smooth & easy to navigate.

- just watch out for missing utility covers. Walking the city is fantastic - my 4-year-old ended up riding on daddy's shoulders quite a bit. We also enjoyed the tour via horse carriage to take us a bit beyond comfortable walking distances - Javier with #21 was a great tour guide. Hotel Con Corazon was fabulous - my kids loved it there.

West Philly
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Stroller for a 2 year old in Granada?

thanks but......so, should we take it or rather not? if we use it only for a day or two going around at the same time looking for missing covers ect;) may be it is not worth to bother with having it on the plane, transport it ect?

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,006 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stroller for a 2 year old in Granada?

Take it if you plan to walk to parque and downtown restaurants. It will at least keep her in tow. Traffic at corners can be insane! Pedestrians do not concern drivers of bikes and cycles!!

West Philly
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Stroller for a 2 year old in Granada?

i plan to walk once or twice.........i guess i will toss a coin and see.

thanks a lot!

graphics03
Level Contributor
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stroller for a 2 year old in Granada?

We were in Granada last week with a 16 month old and did not have a stroller. We did not find it necessary as most of the local attractions were within a reasonable walking distance (2-6 blocks). As for tours, you can be picked up at your hotel by the Tour Company. We had a fabulous guide named Oscar who spoke excellent English and whose rates were very reasonable. His contact information is below should you wish to get in touch with him. He provides tours and transportation (even from the Managua airport)

lopezdavilaoscar@yahoo.es

cell: (505) 8623-2713

7. Re: Stroller for a 2 year old in Granada?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, October 30, 2012