We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa la Merced

Detroit
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Casa la Merced

This B&B sounds charming from the posts in TA. I'm torn between Casa La Merced, Casa San Francisco and Plaza Colon. Can anyone help? It's just two of us, we love historic buildings and ambiance.

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa la Merced

Well if you like Historic buildings i recommend either Plaza Colon or Casa La Merced, Casa La Merced is only one block and a half away from the center of town and Plaza Colon is right across the central park, difference will be in price. Plaza Colon is a bigger hotel and Casa La Merced is only a 5 bedromm hotel but beatiful colonial style, well actually they both have that, i guess if you want a nice quiet place and still be close to the center, Casa La Merced will be your place.

Sarasota, Florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota, Longboat Key
Level Contributor
4,186 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa la Merced

In our last two trips to Granada we've stayed at La Gran Francia and Plaza Colon, so I know only those two. Both are wonderful historic buildings, but we preferred Plaza Colon for its accomodations. We spent hours sitting on the balcony directly across the street from the plaza, watching the scene below. The rooms are very large, air conditioning excellent, 70-channel TV, nice pool, etc. (The A/C and pool feel awfully nice after trekking around all day!). Plaza Colon is a first-rate, very comfortable hotel and yet with all of the amenities it still has a sense of history. Having said that, if you stayed in a small B&B you might have a more "genuine" Nica experience. We'll be going back to Granada next year and plan to stay at Plaza Colon again.

Detroit
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa la Merced

Thanks to both of you. You've given us something to chew over. I guess I'm now leaning toward Plaza Colon because it seems like it has the colonial charm we are looking for, while being a real safe bet given all the positive Trip Advisor comments. Perhaps we'll check out Merced for future trips once we get our Nicaraguan training wheels off.

Managua
Level Contributor
641 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa la Merced

Plaza Colon!

5. Re: Casa la Merced

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, October 03, 2009