We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Granada safe for young white woman?

Colorado
Level Contributor
73 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Is Granada safe for young white woman?

Hello-

I will be taking a bus from Liberia, CR to Granada and want to know if the journey there will be safe. I felt confident in my plans until people started to make me worry (border crossing, making bus transfers, and overall safety). I'll be doing this alone, staying in Granada for 3 nights, and then getting back on the bus to Liberia.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Germany
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Granada safe for young white woman?

If you use "Transnica" or "Ticabus" for the transfer from Liberia to Granada you will be completly safe. They help you at border and leave you near the center of Granada. Don´t be afraid - Nicaragua is one of the safest countries of Central- and Southamerica and the people are very nice and they allways try to help.

seattle
Level Contributor
173 posts
320 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Granada safe for young white woman?

Yes, there are many young white women in Granada and it is safe given regular precautions. Your title is misleading as the question you pose is the transport.

3. Re: Is Granada safe for young white woman?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:31 am, September 25, 2009