We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late booking

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
108 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Late booking

Hi Ian

We arrive kc on 19th and need to find reasonably priced hotel with availability. Sawadee website has room at VJ resort. Whats it like?

Alternatively do you know of nice guest house in area with some nite life, nothing too wild but then again i've heard this is not case in kc. We like nice beach/sea and a few bars and restaurants. Stayed in guest house / thai villa (not sure what to call it )before in phuket and it was great we had our own little room on stilts and not too far from beach if you see what i mean, so do you know of any like this?

I've read you have guest house, do you have any room?

Pizza King Express
$, Pizza, Italian, European
Mordi e Fuggi
$$ - $$$, Italian, Thai, Pizza
Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,841 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late booking

VJ Hotel is pretty good. Has all the conveniences that you need and right on the beach. It's right next door to the Amari where a room coast about 3 times as much. There's some construction work going on nearby though - but from what I've seen the heavy work has been complated now, so it shouldnt be too much of an annoyance.

There arent many guesthouses on Koh Chang, virtually all accommodation is in hut / bungalow resorts or hotels. But there's a guesthouse by the roadside not far from VJ Hotel - called Golden Place, just opened and has AC rooms for 800 - 900 baht/night. 2 minutes walk to the beach and about 10-15 mins walk to Kai Bae where you'll find plenty of shops and restaurants by the roadside and beach.

Our place is on stilts over the water but we're already full. next week. The only other option for this kind of acommodation is in Bangbao at the south of Koh Chang, there are a few places to stay here - eg www.bangbaoseahut.com for a very nice place. A cheaper option is Ocean Blue , another large guesthouse on stilts that has rooms for a few hundred baht/night

Mentioned in this post
Koh Chang Resort & Spa
Koh Chang Resort & Spa
133 Reviews
Ko Chang, Thailand
Kai Bae Beach
Kai Bae Beach
538 Reviews
Ko Chang, Thailand
Bangbao Beach Resort
Bangbao Beach Resort
107 Reviews
Ko Chang, Thailand
2. Re: Late booking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, August 25, 2009