We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kc resort on white sands...or siam beach resort???

San Diego...
Level Contributor
34 posts
361 reviews
Save Topic
kc resort on white sands...or siam beach resort???

I have been studying Koh Chang, and have narrowed down these two spots...KC is in white sands, is it really that noisy and crowded on that beach,,,,,or is Siam on Lonely beach, or is it too quiet down there? My friend and I are not into the party scene, but we like to be around some people with choices of restaurants and things to do...would apperciate any feedback from ones who have been or live there...thanks so much!!

Oh by the way , we are going the 3rd week in february if that helps or makes a difference!

Thanks again!

Amsterdam
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: kc resort on white sands...or siam beach resort???

The Siam Beach is full from the 19th until end of Feb, so I suppose your choice has been made for you? I did not ask about the bungalows on the hill though..

Bangkok
Level Contributor
18,140 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: kc resort on white sands...or siam beach resort???

Ian is a regular and on Koh Chang, it is night time here now but no doubt he will come in and let you know.

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,737 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kc resort on white sands...or siam beach resort???

KC Resort is one of the quietest places to stay on Whitesands and has a very nice stretch of beach. The bungalows are away from the roadside and built up area and so noise isnt an issue. And it's only 5 - 10 mins walk to all the shops, restaurants, ATMs & bars you need.

Siam Beach is quieter, more for people who want to get away from it all and as far as the new hotel rooms go - better value than KC Resort - where you pay a premium for being on Whitesands. But there's a smaller choice of places to eat, no ATMs nearby and the shops and restaurants in the area are mainly backpacker orientated.

KC Resort would seem to suit you best.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
34 posts
361 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kc resort on white sands...or siam beach resort???

Thanks for the help, I think maybe we'll try both! We have 5-6 days there, maybe we will split it between the two. They are both pricey, they are asking around $70 US for a basic...Quess I missed the chance to go when it was " undiscovered" Is there any Island that you can go to that isnt....Hmmmmmm. I hear Koh Chang still has that feel, so I am looking forward to going! Thanks again...:-)

San Diego...
Level Contributor
34 posts
361 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: kc resort on white sands...or siam beach resort???

Ian.....

What do you think of Remark Cottages at White Sands Beach...? They look nice, but dont hear too much about them? The prices are good, not as much as KC,,,, My other Tip was right, the Siam Beach Resort is full...So what do you think of The Remark of a back up choice? KC looks good, but kinda on the pricey side....Thanks for the help!! Do you live in Koh Chang?

6. Re: kc resort on white sands...or siam beach resort???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, August 24, 2009