We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel to chose then?

Which Ko Chang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Geneva, Switzerland
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which hotel to chose then?

Dear Ian, thanks a lot for your quick replies. I have been offered two garden view rooms at the Bhumiyama. But I don't know which side of the hotel these are. Well it is not what I want as I hoped to be able to have communicating rooms for us and the kids. Which one then you think is best for us and the children between Bhumiyama, Amari Emerald and Panviman, taking into consideration quiet neighbourhood, good food and good facilities. I am not worried about the beach, the children will stick to th swimming pool. Please help as fast as you can. My god I am completely lost with this booking.

Thanks a million.

Najoua

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,621 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel to chose then?

Amari Emerald Cove is the best choice.

Very big pool, well trained staff, also an artifical beach area near the pool so the kids can p.ay in the sand safely without going into the sea itself.

Cheap places to eat by the roadside and also in nearby smaller resorts. Minimart, ATMs a couple of hundred metres away. Kai Bae village is 10 minutes walk along the road or it's easy to get a shared pick-up truck taxi there for 10 baht.

And if you wan t anicer bit of beach than the one outside the Amari just walk north a few hundred metres and at low tide you'll get avery wide piece of sand that kids can play on safely.

UK
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel to chose then?

Najoua.

When I was trying to book somewhere I had the same sort of dilema as you. Our choices were between the Amari, the Tropicana and the Panviman.

We originally booked the Amari but then changed our minds and booked into the Panviman instead.

We just thought that the Amari (although it looks lovely) was more of a generic hotel chain with hotel rooms in a block rather than bungalows and since we are going over the new year, it will probably be a busier hotel in high season as there are quite a lot of rooms.

The Tropicana looks ok too but some posts said the service is not too great.

The style of the Panviman looked more thai and authentic and we prefer to stay in a bungalow rather than a hotel room. Its also a lot cheaper than the Amari and has a nicer beach, apparently! So the Panviman got our vote!

3. Re: Which hotel to chose then?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 pm, August 17, 2009