We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chang Buri

Which Ko Chang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Chang Buri

I have booked this as nothing else was available on White Sands for my dates. (Christmas/New Year). Our first choice was Kacha or KC Grande but both are full.

We cant afford one of the villas so have opted for the hillside rooms even though there is a 200m walk to the beach.

Does anyone know anything about this hotel? I cant find any useful info on the internet and just want to make sure that its not dreadful! We are happy to walk to the beach and we just wanted a hotel with a pool and a location where we can walk to bars/restaurants without too much trouble.

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,643 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chang Buri

It's a good 3 star hotel, but it was always somewhere where you could pretty much guarantee you'd get a room over Xmas/ New Year when all the other hotels on Whitesands were full - for the reason you mention, it isnt on the beach. Plus it used to be overpriced, I think they've lowered rates over the past year or teo as soon as it clicked that foreigners prefer to stay by the beach and could only be tempted not to do so by cheaper prices for resorts roadside.

It's new, only completed around 3 years ago, so you shouldnt have any problems with crumbling rooms or a pool full of slime.

Finding bars isnt a problem, walk out of the hotel turn left and waklk 20 metres past the 7-eleven and ou get to 'Little Pattaya', a beer bar enclave - 'Hey you, hansum man!' etc . Over Xmas & New Year expect to hear a good mix of crap techno & classic rock every night. (It could be worse, if you stay in the villas by the sea the sound is louder as it echoes back off the hills at the rear of the bars and down to the beach.) But the islands best Italina restaurant 'Invito' is nearby as is a new Irish pub which serves a decent pint of Guiness & Kilkenny - Paddy's Palms.

2. Re: Chang Buri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 pm, August 16, 2009