We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferries to Koh Chang

Which Ko Chang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Frankfurt, Germany
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ferries to Koh Chang

Hi,

Anybody can advice till what hour ferries operate to Koh-Chang?

I'll arrive to BKK around 12pm and would like to take bus from there directly into Prat area.

But what if for example last ferrie operates around 18.00 ? Should I look for some place to stay in Koh Chang area, before approaching island, or... I should not worry, as for examples ferries operate till 8 pm ??

Any advices in that matter? I appreciate your valuable comments

Regards

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,634 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferries to Koh Chang

You should make it in time to get the last ferry from Ao Thammachat at 19:00 or Centrepoint at 19:30. From Trat bus station take a pick up truck taxi to the piers about 20 -30 minutes drive away.

Or, an easier way, you could take the 14:00 minibus from the airport to Koh Chang. This will drop you off at your hotel on Koh Chang. Ticket price is 600 Baht including ferry ticket. At BKK go to Entrance 8 on the Ground Floor of the main terminal building. There you will see the Siam Beach Minibus counter where you can buy your ticket.

Frankfurt, Germany
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferries to Koh Chang

Do you know how often these buses run? Do they start in the airport? I should be around 10.30 in the airport, so maybe theres chance to catch earlier one?

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,634 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferries to Koh Chang

There's a minibus at 11:00. So you might be able to get that.

Or go to the airport transportation terminal ( bus station ) and you can take a big bus to Trat. You'll probably be too late for the big bus to Laem Ngop , which drops off at the ferry piers ) as that will be at the airport bus station around 10:20

4. Re: Ferries to Koh Chang

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 26, 2014