We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accomodation?, Mid-January White sands or close by

Which Ko Chang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
9 posts
Save Topic
Accomodation?, Mid-January White sands or close by

Hi I'm planning on heading to Koh Chang in Mid-January. I've been told it will best to book ahead.

I wanted to experience the beach bungalow lifestyle. I was considering White Sand beach because I'm going solo and seems there is lots of bars to keep busy at night. Also the beach from what I understand ,is not too overcrowded. As for an accommodation I'm looking for a quite place close to the action but not in the thick of it. I was reading of people trying to get sleep at some places only to be to kept awake by loud music till the early hours of the morning. Would I be correct in the assumption of staying at White Sand or should l look at another beach?

Edited: 6:06 pm, October 06, 2013
Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,643 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accomodation?, Mid-January White sands or close by

( Kai Bae would be a more laid back alternative with beachfront bungalow resorts further away from bars etc.)

White Sand is by far the busiest beach, the central area of the beach gets very busy in January - but you can walk north a few minutes to a quieter stretch of beach near KC Grande Resort & beyond.

Try the smaller beach bungalow places - Sangtawan, Tantawan, Apple, Bamboo bungalows. All will have some noise but aren't adjacent to any loud bars.

Definitely book in advance if you want to stay by the beach in January.

Toronto, Canada
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Accomodation?, Mid-January White sands or close by

Thanks Ian. As you mentioned I also considered Kai Beach. The only thing I am concerned about is that it would be difficult to get and forth from White Sand . Since I heard getting a taxi would be difficult at certain times of the night.. Is this a major concern?

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,643 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accomodation?, Mid-January White sands or close by

Depends when you are visiting. If in low season then you might find it hard to get transport at 2am. If in high season, then won't be any problems getting between White Sand and Kai Bae beach late night. ( More of a problem for people staying south of Kai Bae, where the road is narrow & hilly. )

Kai Bae is quieter than White Sand beach but has a few good small bars.

Toronto, Canada
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Accomodation?, Mid-January White sands or close by

Thanks for the great info. I was looking into booking the bungalows you mentioned but couldn't find any email contacts, I tried the phone numbers on various websites but couldn't get a connection.

Toronto, Canada
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Accomodation?, Mid-January White sands or close by

Also sent you Pm with other info. Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accomodation?, Mid-January White sands or close by

Hi All,

We are staying in Lonely Beach for a week over Xmas and New Year. We would like a couple of evenings out on the other beaches too - is this doable?

Thanks!

Nai

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,643 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accomodation?, Mid-January White sands or close by

Yes, doable. Will be able to get a taxi anytime over New Year.

London, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accomodation?, Mid-January White sands or close by

Thanks Ian!

9. Re: Accomodation?, Mid-January White sands or close by

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 12, 2014