We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suvarnabhumi to Ko Chang - one adult and 3 kids - transport.

Which Ko Chang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lillestrom, Norway
2 posts
Save Topic
Suvarnabhumi to Ko Chang - one adult and 3 kids - transport.

Hi,

I am going with my kids to Ko Chang next week.

I have read through a lot of the messages but feel better if someone can confirm for me the following:

1) After clearing out from the airport I plan to head for the Shuttle bus (Express) on the 2nd floor (Arrival) to get a bus to the Public Transport Center. Right?

2) At the Public Transport Center I hope to find a minivan heading for Ko Chang - this will be a shared van and transporting us to the hotel on the island. Right?

We arrive 06:15 AM and I hope to get a relatively quick and cheap transport for us (1 adult and 3 kids) to the island.

For the return to BKK how should I plan? Will it be possible to find similar vans for the return? But then to a hotel in BKK.

Looking forward to some warmer weather even if it's the rainy season. In Norway its called summer but rain and 12 degrees cannot qualify for other than rainy season here to.

Best regards

Geir

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,643 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suvarnabhumi to Ko Chang - one adult and 3 kids - transport.

Or take a minibus. Go to entrance 8 on ground floor of main terminal building. First one at 0750. Drop off at hotel on Koh Chang. 400 baht one way or 600 return.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
909 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suvarnabhumi to Ko Chang - one adult and 3 kids - transport.

Geir,

Look at these links:

http://www.bussuvarnabhumikohchang.com/

bussuvarnabhumikohchang.com/lonely-beach-exp…

Lillestrom, Norway
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Suvarnabhumi to Ko Chang - one adult and 3 kids - transport.

Ian,

Thanks for the tip. Is it easy to find these minibuses? Took one to Hua Hin a few years back and we had to sit with our bags on our laps. The minibus was full with people and nowhere to store luggage. Can I expect the same with these?

Hollywood, I could not see on the web page where to find the bus and how long time it will take. But if the minibus also have some room for luggage I think I will take one of them. Probably also better timing as we land 06:15.

Thanks to both for quick responses.

4. Re: Suvarnabhumi to Ko Chang - one adult and 3 kids - transport.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 04, 2014