We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time for a 'What's the Weather Like at the Moment?' thread.

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Time for a 'What's the Weather Like at the Moment?' thread.

As with past rainy season's the weather can be very varied from June to October. So I will try to keep you updated with what it's like here on the island.

The past couple of days have been pretty grey & wet, but that's been the case across most of Thailand, we have avoided the storms that the south of Thailand has had. Prior to that there were a few good days, some rain very late night & early morning but dry from mid-morning onwards and with some sunshine.

Right now you can expect this type of weather: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php…

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Time for a 'What's the Weather Like at the Moment?' thread.

Most small businesses are running, weather dependent activities such as diving & snorkelling are possible but probably not every day. It's been too rough for the past couple of days. There has just been a couple of very wet days, but today wasn't too bad, and it looks like it will improve in the next few days and get back to the normal pattern which is having some overnight rain but dry afternoons & evenings and often a few hours sunshine a day.

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Time for a 'What's the Weather Like at the Moment?' thread.

After 3 good days the rain returned tonight. More forecast in next couple of days.

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Time for a 'What's the Weather Like at the Moment?' thread.

Pretty wet for the past couple of days and another grey day today , just light annoying rain at the moment. On the plus side at least there's no oil slick on the beaches.

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: Time for a 'What's the Weather Like at the Moment?' thread.

Not as hot as Belgium, but we've just have some very nice weather. Calm sea too. Forecast for the coming week is the usual mix of some rain, some sun, some cloud i.e. no-one really knows.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Time for a 'What's the Weather Like at the Moment?' thread.

Thanks for the updates Ian.

England
Level Contributor
19 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Time for a 'What's the Weather Like at the Moment?' thread.

Hi I have booked to go to Koh Chang in a week's time having been there some years ago. I realise the weather is changeable this time of year but I was told there would be intermittent showers but could still expect sunny spells through the day. I really am looking forward to Thailand but I am now thinking I might change my plan and go to Samui or Phuket if the weather is fairer. Any updates or advice gratefully received....

Thanks!

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Time for a 'What's the Weather Like at the Moment?' thread.

Yesterday was a bit grey. This morning there was heavy rain for a couple of hours but from late morning onwards the sun was shining. Sea is calm now.

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
61 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Time for a 'What's the Weather Like at the Moment?' thread.

What is the current weather like?

Chengdu, China
Level Contributor
61 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Time for a 'What's the Weather Like at the Moment?' thread.

I arrived yesterday weather has been great so far

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Time for a 'What's the Weather Like at the Moment?' thread.

Past few days have been very good. Hardly any rain, some cloud around though and the sea is pretty rough. Take care when swimming.