We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Full Moon Parties at on Near Koh Chang 26th of Jan 2013

Eltville am Rhein...
Level Contributor
17 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Full Moon Parties at on Near Koh Chang 26th of Jan 2013

Listen I know these parties will not hold up to the craziness of Koh Pha Ngan but I'd still like to know where to go and where's the best. The full moon I'm looking at is on the 26th of Jan 2013. We're staying on the Island of Koh Mak and looking at heading over that day, there's about 20 of us (wedding). If anyone could help that'd be great :)

Ko Chang, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Full Moon Parties at on Near Koh Chang 26th of Jan 2013

There might be full moon parties at Lonely Beach all relatively narrow except if there is one at Siam Hut or Nature Beach. In Whitesand Beach there will be a full moon party at Sabay Bar right at the beach and I do expect hundreds of people will be there. For more details come back closer to full moon. This date must also be Chinese New Year.

Eltville am Rhein...
Level Contributor
17 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Full Moon Parties at on Near Koh Chang 26th of Jan 2013

That's great mate, thanks ! I'll ask around mid Jan and see where we're at but White Snad Beach sounds good :D

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Full Moon Parties at on Near Koh Chang 26th of Jan 2013

White Sand beach is good, but to be honest, it's the sort of place that when it's full moon, it'll be very difficult to miss the parties. They all sort of blend into one.

Have an incredible time.

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,687 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Full Moon Parties at on Near Koh Chang 26th of Jan 2013

Lonely Beach would be a better bet if you want more of a backpacker crowd and parties going on later. Himmel, Lemon Bar, Q, Magic Garden, Ting Tong, Siam Hut. Far more choice of places to go out to at night than White Sands.

Chinese New Year is irrelevant - not till 10 February and I doubt Skrillex has been invited to do any CNY gig. Although that might be interesting. :-)

Ko Chang, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Full Moon Parties at on Near Koh Chang 26th of Jan 2013

Massed that up Chinese New Year is not that full moon but the following new moon.

Eltville am Rhein...
Level Contributor
17 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Full Moon Parties at on Near Koh Chang 26th of Jan 2013

Thanks heaps team, you've helped a bunch ! Lonely Beach looks like a cracka of a place to celebrate the Full Moon. I think that's the spot !

peace :)

Scott

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Full Moon Parties at on Near Koh Chang 26th of Jan 2013

are there any parties in february?, im on chang from 8th to 18th with 2 days on koh mak

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,687 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Full Moon Parties at on Near Koh Chang 26th of Jan 2013

Bars in Lonely Beach have weekly party nights. Keep an eye out for flyers. On Koh Mak, you'll probably either be asleep by 9pm or at Monkey Island - it isnt a place to go if you want nightlife.

9. Re: Full Moon Parties at on Near Koh Chang 26th of Jan 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 26, 2014