We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get iphone usage on KC

Which Ko Chang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
378 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
How to get iphone usage on KC

Hi

Am not very hi-tech but have an iphone and would like to know if /where I can get a sim card that will enable me to text and pick up emails on my phone to save lugging my notebook with me!

Thanks

TB

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,361 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get iphone usage on KC

Where on KC are you staying? There are 7/11's and other convenience type stores that will happily load you up with a sim card and phone/browsing credit to get you going.

London, United...
Level Contributor
378 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get iphone usage on KC

Many thanks - am staying at the Amari. Do I need to ask for a specific sim card and how much roughly are they?

TB

Ko Chang, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get iphone usage on KC

The SIM cards are cheap. Best you go to the telephone shop in Klong Prao, next to the Plastic shop (has a whole lot of plastic in front of the shop) about opposite to the Tesco Lotus in Klong Prao, less than 2 kms North of the Amari, following the main road. They will do it all for you. AND they're knowledgeable.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
845 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get iphone usage on KC

If you are flying into Bangkok, go pick up a sim at the airport and have them set it up for you. This should answer a lot of questions you might have: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293915-i3686-k381…

Edited: 12:52 am, September 30, 2012
Trat, Trat, Thailand
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get iphone usage on KC

Bear in mind your Iphone needs a micro SIM, not a regular SIM. Pick one up from BKK AIrport when you land, True ( one of the three mobile networks ) often give them out free.

Place in Klong Prao is good for getting a cheap second hand phone - as it's where lost / stolen phones often end up :-) ( I know an Ipad and Iphone that have been tracked to there last year by their rightful owners.)

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,245 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get iphone usage on KC

Check on Truemove website http://www.truemove.com/en/index.rails

or DTAC www.dtac.co.th/2009/english/prepaid.html

7. Re: How to get iphone usage on KC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, December 14, 2013