We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is koh Chang a good island for 24 year girl to travel alone?

Which Ko Chang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
2 posts
Save Topic
Is koh Chang a good island for 24 year girl to travel alone?

Have booked to come to Thailand from march - April and really like the sound of koh Chang, but quite daunted by the prospect of travelling alone (samui, pha ngan, Phuket etc don't sound so much like my kind of thing)

I was just wondering how safe it would be for me, and would it be easy to meet people there?

Many thanks

Ko Chang, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is koh Chang a good island for 24 year girl to travel alone?

It's very easy to meet people all over the island. My impression is, that Koh Chang is far safer than Phuket, Samui or some other touristy places in Thailand. Both issues depend on your behavior.

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,621 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is koh Chang a good island for 24 year girl to travel alone?

If you are sensible you will be fine - same as in most places. We get lots of single women at our place and they have all survived. Choose a smaller place where it is easier to meet people rather than a big resort.

2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Is koh Chang a good island for 24 year girl to travel alone?

Thank you!

4. Re: Is koh Chang a good island for 24 year girl to travel alone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:24 am, February 22, 2013