We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must do's in Koh Chang, Thailand

Which Ko Chang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Must do's in Koh Chang, Thailand

Hi, my wife and I have just arrived in Koh Chang. We have around 9 days here. Can anyone recommend the 'must do's ' on the island and any things to avoid.

Thanks in advance

Ko Chang, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must do's in Koh Chang, Thailand

Must do : relax, for the rest as simple as that http://tinyurl.com/3nwojbq

There will be the alternative Songkran today, a parade between 10 am and 1 pm from White Sands to Kai Bae with a party later on in Klong Prao, you might get wet :-)

Things to avoid: surrendering the passport when renting a motorbike, getting a tattoo, crashing with your rented motorbike, believing the tailor you just met

Edited: 8:16 pm, April 22, 2011
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Must do's in Koh Chang, Thailand

Things to do on Koh Chang:

1. Lay on the beach

2. Swim

3. Walk around and enjoy the scenery

4. Eat!

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,621 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Must do's in Koh Chang, Thailand

Based on what our guests say . . .

Snorkelling is always a good day out, probably the best value day trip you will do - 550 - 600 Baht per person. Guaranteed to see plenty of fish.

Jungle Trekking - but check the group size, the treks in the south around Bangbao often take 20-30 people which is way too many. Better to do a trek in the north of the island with far smaller group.

Cooking Class - You dont have to be a chef or even really interested in cooking to enjoy this. You will spend a day eating, cooking, having a laugh. Try Kati Culinary or Blue Lagoon in Klong Prao.

Treetop Adventure Park - ziplines etc high in the trees in Bailan. Not for everyone, but if you are young-ish and want something different & a bit physical then you will like it.

( And if you didn't make it to the songkran parade,which you should have done, I added some pics to my site. You missed a fun, very wet day out )

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3,026 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Must do's in Koh Chang, Thailand

Ian Would that be the 4 or 5 island all day boat trip with snorkelling included?

If so it was the best 500B I've ever spent. You get picked up by taxi from your hotel taken to the boat. Get to jump out of the boat 4 or 5 times spectacular views of the many fish. Some great photographs can be taken from the boat. Spectacular views of the many passing islands. Loads of food provided. Coffee & drinking water on tap.

Also a lovely on board guide/entertainer provided. If I go again to Koh Chang would do this boat trip again & again.

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,621 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Must do's in Koh Chang, Thailand

Yep, there are a couple of boat companies - Attipol & Sattra that do the cheap & cheerful snorkelling trips. I always tell our guests they are the best value day trips they can do here. No need to pay more than double for a fancy boat with western food etc. Outside the peak season & holiday weekends the boats are rarely full.

4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Must do's in Koh Chang, Thailand

Hi , we went snorkeling with Kaibe hut and the Kaibe hut express (we had a large group). We went to Koh Kood and spent time on the beach as well as visiting a waterfall up stream. We also went snorkeling at another little island and fed fish at another (sorry can't remember the names). On the way back the guides fed our fruit scraps to the monkeys. Highly recommend using the speed boats as you are able to get to the further islands much quicker and in comfort. The boats were great as were the guides.

NY
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Must do's in Koh Chang, Thailand

Which boat company do you use?Do you have their phone no.?

NY
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Must do's in Koh Chang, Thailand

Which boat company do you use?Do you have their phone no.?

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,621 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Must do's in Koh Chang, Thailand

UFO123 - If you mean the Kai Bae Hut speedboat mentioned above, then call 081-982-9870 or 081-817-6832 to book direct with the owner.

4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Must do's in Koh Chang, Thailand

We also did the cooking class with the Blue Lagoon cooking school. A great expereince and again highly reccomended. We paid 1500 baht through the hotel, but we started at 11am and finished at 6pm and cooked 8 dishes. You will be able to get it cheaper directly as some others only paid 1200 baht through their hotel. Probably my best meals during the entire stay.

Also, we ate at the Sea Terrace down towards Lonely beach. The meals were really good as was the view, however be sure to double check your bill if you are in a group. They tried to charge us for an extra 13 mojitos and 6 large beers - and thought we wouldnt notice...there were 14 at the table and five werent drinking :) Unfortunately couldnt read Thai to check if our meals were accurate. It tainted an otherwise good experience.