We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lonely beach express mini bus

Which Ko Chang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seoul, South Korea
5 posts
Save Topic
Lonely beach express mini bus

My husband and I are flying into BKK at 10:50pm. When I booked this airfare our intention was to take the midnight express minibus to Siam Beach resort. According to what I read today, the bus now leaves at 11:00pm instead. Can anyone confirm this for me? If its true does anyone have a suggestion on how to get to Koh Chang without having to wait for a bus in the morning?

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,621 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lonely beach express mini bus

There might be a overnight bus to Trat from the airport transportation terminal. Then you would be on the first ferry in the morning.

The next cheapest option would be to hang around the airport until around 2am and then take a taxi to the ferry pier, would arrive in plenty of time for the first ferry in the morning. ( Better to wait a couple of hours at the airport than a deserted ferry pier.) Would cost around 3000 - 3500 Baht depending on your haggling skils.

Ko Chang, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lonely beach express mini bus

As far as I know, there is a midnight bus from Ekamai (Eastern Busstation BKK) to Trat that stops at the airport. Should be at the airport around 1 am. From Trat you'll have shared taxis to the ferry piers every 1/2 hour.

Seoul, South Korea
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lonely beach express mini bus

Do you know if you can purchase tickets on-line? Thanks for the help!

Ko Chang, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lonely beach express mini bus

No you can't.

Cornwall, England
Level Contributor
56 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lonely beach express mini bus

I too have been trying to find out about this service and whether it is still definitely running! On the website it says "The fare for the Lonely Beach Express bus is just 308 baht / person / transfer and that even includes the ticket for the ferry to Koh Chang and all taxes. At this time, it's not possible to book seats for this service. Except for the peak dates between Christmas and the 2nd week of January and the Song Kran period 13-15 April, we do not expect that reservations will be required." does this mean it is still running and we just cant book it or has it finished?!!! We land in at 9.45 am so am guessing we will need to get the 14.00 one but am wondering if that will make it there in time to catch the last ferry or would we need to have a night in Trat?

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,621 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lonely beach express mini bus

The minibus is still running. If you take a minibus at 2pm you will get to Koh Chang the same day. No need to overnight in Trat.

FYI - can also take the minibus back to Bangkok Airport from any hotel on Koh Chang. Price is 400 Baht - include pick up at your hotel & ferry ticket - if you book direct with the minibus company. Four times a day.

Ko Chang, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lonely beach express mini bus

It is still running.

You will arrive in Siam Beach the same day.

The service might be halted for some time in rainy season.

Seoul, South Korea
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Lonely beach express mini bus

Does anyone have a link for the bus schedule running out of Ekamai? I am trying to confirm the midnight bus to Trat that will stop at BKK but I am not having any luck. Will I be able to purchase tickets in the airport?

Ko Chang, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lonely beach express mini bus

Here is one: http://tinyurl.com/4xjmnpl

http://tinyurl.com/3kdoq7l

There will be 2 - 3 buses between midnight and 1 am.

They will give you a ticket if you give'em the money :-) Not in the airport, at the bus station or in the bus.

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,621 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lonely beach express mini bus

Updated schedule & prices for the Bangkok Airport - Koh Chang minibus:

There are four departures a day from Siam Beach Resort at 06.40, 09.00, 10,00 and 17.00. These also stop at the bus station in Klong Son.

Coming from Bangkok airport,the minibuses pick up and drop off at the airport terminal itself near the Siam Beach Minibus booth at Door 8 on the ground floor at the airport.. At present departures are at 07.50, 11.00, 14.00 & 23.00

Ticket price for the minibus service is 600 Baht for Bangkok Airport - Koh Chang; 400 Baht for Koh Chang to Bangkok Airport and a round trip ticket is 800 Baht - which is a very good deal.