We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Raining in koh Chang?

Which Ko Chang hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
7 posts
Save Topic
Raining in koh Chang?

Hey, I'm arriving in koh Chang in a couple of days. I bit confused by the weather forecast - some websites are saying constant rain/thunderstorms whereas others saying sunshine...anyone in koh Chang able to give me an idea of what it's like at the mo? Cheers!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Raining in koh Chang?

We've been here since Saturday and nearly every day it has been sunny and nearly unbearably hot (unless you're in the pool) until mid/late afternoon when a thunderstorm hits. Perfect for us. Dunno if that's islandwide or just by Klong Prao

Ko Chang, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Raining in koh Chang?

Last night we had constant rain started around 5 pm. The day before we had light rain late afternoon and the day before the beaches were full of Thai people while it was raining early afternoon. When the sun is out, it's hot! Looks like we will have a sunny morning with lots of clouds.

London
Level Contributor
280 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Raining in koh Chang?

Kaibee,

Is this the "usual" pattern, sun during the day, with rain in the evening?

We arrive on Saturday for our first visit to Koh Chang and we're looking forward to it massively.

Fingers crossed for lots of good weather.

Ko Chang, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Raining in koh Chang?

I cross my fingers for you, however, we had lots of rain last night till early morning, then started again round 10 am for 30 minutes, the sun came out a bit, still dark grey clouds with a few blue spots in between and round 12 pm torrential rain for about 2 hours.

Now it's 4 pm, sunny with massive clouds in the East. Might rain again today.

After all, don't worry, there were many days in the last 2 months with some rain, but still nothing compared to rainy season.

I cannot see a pattern though.

I appreciate the rain, otherwise when it's sunny all day long, it's hot like hell and I have to stay in an airconed room all day and all night. My aircon was running this year only for a couple of nights.

London
Level Contributor
280 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Raining in koh Chang?

Thanks for your quick reply.

What will be, will be.

At the very least, we'll be relaxing, perhaps in the rain, in a beautiful place (hopefully)

hemel hempstead
Level Contributor
71 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Raining in koh Chang?

It is a fantastic island wa there last Easter hols and we are going back next week for my birthday!! Can't wait :-)

Enjoy.

7. Re: Raining in koh Chang?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:38 am, April 21, 2011
8. Re: Raining in koh Chang?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 pm, October 26, 2012