We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rayong to koh chang

hull
Level Contributor
79 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
rayong to koh chang

Staying at the Novotel in Rim Pae resort in Rayong in May 2011 ,whats the best opition for my wife and I to get from there to Koh Chang for a weeks stay.Would appreciate any advice.

Ko Chang, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rayong to koh chang

When you are in your hotel, the hotel staff will arrange a minibus to pick you up, which runs from Pattaya to Koh Chang.

The minibus will bring you to your resort on the island. The cost is around 500 Baht per person.

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,802 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rayong to koh chang

Minibus. Dont use the regular bus service if you are coming from Rayong, it will take forever to get here.

hull
Level Contributor
79 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rayong to koh chang

kaibae

Thank you for advice.

hull
Level Contributor
79 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rayong to koh chang

Ian

thank you for advice,how much do you think taxi would cost with a local driver.

Ko Chang, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rayong to koh chang

Taxi to the island should be 2000 - 2500 Baht plus return ferry about 300 Baht. When arranged by the hotel think of 5000.

Edited: 8:10 pm, February 28, 2011
Sydney, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: rayong to koh chang

What is your advice on how to get to kho chang from rayong? il be staying wiht my friends apartment which is closer to Rayong Bus Terminal..

Pls. advice...

Thank you so much

Sydney, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: rayong to koh chang

What is the quickest and cheapest public transport from rayong to kho chang.

pls advice...

Thank you

Ko Chang, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: rayong to koh chang

ghinz don't worry, there is a bus from Rayong to Chantaburi and from there are buses to either Trat or the ferry pier. If you can manage to be in Chantaburi at around 1 pm you should be able to catch the 999 to the ferry pier.

Buses from Rayong to Chantaburi run every hour but do not expect an aircon 1st class bus. The fare is around 100 Baht and from Chantaburi to the ferry pier a little bit less. There is also a 999 from Chantaburi to Trat around 11 am. The exact time leaving the bus station in Chantaburi for Laem Ngob I don't know.

From Chantaburi to Trat are buses every hour but then you have to hop on a songthaew for the trip from Trat to the ferry pier.

Sydney, Australia
6 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: rayong to koh chang

Kaibae,

Thank you for ur quick response and help mate. I really appreciate it.

Also do u know which pier i have to go or closer to get to Chang Buri Resort & Spa White Sand Beach, Koh Chang, Trat 23170

As you know im coming from Rayong Bus Terminal to Kho Chang on the said resort above. I want to arrive in this hotel b4 midday.

Pls advise.....

Thank you.

Ko Chang, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: rayong to koh chang

Before noon seems difficult to me.Early afternoon ok. Chang Buri is at the southern end of White Sands Beach, just tell the songthaew driver the resorts name and he will drop you off there.

For the pier I suggest that you use Koh Chang Ferries, leaving from Ao Thammachat. That ride is only 20 minutes versus the ferry ride with Centerpoint Ferries takes at least 40 minutes and would be a detour anyway. Koh Chang Ferries will be the first pier for the bus to stop.