We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good restaurant in White Sand Beach

Melbourne, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
Good restaurant in White Sand Beach

Hi,

A group of 6 of us are heading to Koh Chang (White Sand Beach) next week for a friend's 30th birthday.

Can anyone recommend a nice restaurant for the 30th birthday dinner? Preferably good quality Thai food - we're not not worried about the cost, but we'd like somewhere a little lively (but not over the top!)

Thanks!

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,687 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good restaurant in White Sand Beach

You are probably best off with one of the restaurants on the beach. For there you will see fireshows at various places and can also easily head to Sabay Bar for the live music after your meal.

On the beach all the resorts have tables and chairs set out on the beach. I dont think there is much between any of the restaurants, nothing spectacular. All are petty good value and it is hard to screw up a snapper or BBQ seafood. I like the restaurant at Tantawan Bungalows, also Cookies is always consistently pretty good. And we sometimes go to Bamboo bungalows restaurant for good pizza and also seafood - easy to mix & match there.

I would avoid the more touristy places as you usually end up disappointed as the western food isnt as good as you hope it will be and neither is the Thai food. Everything is a compromise.

But to be honest I have never had a meal on White Sand that has really wowed me.

Ko Chang, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good restaurant in White Sand Beach

At the beach, Bamboo Huts might be your best bet. Otherwise at the road there are Oodies with nice food and Nung Bua just opposite Chang Buri Resort with about the best food in White Sands.

Pentraeth, United...
Level Contributor
188 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good restaurant in White Sand Beach

Ian and kaibae, I fly out on Friday and just want to thank you two both especially for your help this past three months or so with the questions I have had.

Regarding the restaurants in White Sands are there any that are more Thai than Western orientated that we should be looking for? These are the ones we would like to go for more than the Pizza/Spag Bol type places.

I've seen Tantawan mentioned a few times now on here and other sites.

Ko Chang, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good restaurant in White Sand Beach

"Preferably good quality Thai food", that is what I replied to :-)

Queensland...
Level Contributor
2,971 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good restaurant in White Sand Beach

We ate several times at the Seabar Restaurant on White Sands beach.

Thai dishes were fine . We love spicey food & found two along the road in Klong Prao which we thoroughly enjoyed. If you get a chance try MB restaurant and Baan ta restaurant. CJ

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,687 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good restaurant in White Sand Beach

The two good cheaper places on the main road are opposite the entrance to Ban Pu Resort. Another called Norng Bua ( same owner as the one mentioned by KaiBae ) and one adjacent called Dancing Chicken - in Thai, but you will see the t-shirts the staff wear with the logo on the back.

They are the places where Thai tourists will eat - so no premium prices for being on the beach or having fancy furniture & decor.

manchester
Level Contributor
1,883 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good restaurant in White Sand Beach

I had some great meals out in White Sands, my personal favourite both for the food and service was Thor's Palace at the Alina resort, it was lovely and right on the beach too

Tweed Heads
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good restaurant in White Sand Beach

Thors is a Thai restaurant on White Sand Beach right in the heart of town on Koh Chang. It serves excellent food and Mao and Thor are excellent hosts who will go out of their way to make your meal memorable. My partner and I were there in January and sampled a good many of their excellent seafood dishes as well as local curries and cocktails with a good range of wines. Have fun, you will love Koh Chang

regards Kim

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Good restaurant in White Sand Beach

Just came back last week and finding a GOOD restaurant is quite difficult.

I would suggest you pop down to Saffron on the sea (I Have just reviewed it) and book a table for 6! IT IS FAB! QUIET, EXCELLENT FOOD AND Fantastic atmosphere.

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,687 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Good restaurant in White Sand Beach

I would second that, Saffron is a couple of kilometres south of the main white Sand beach area, but is one of my Top 3 restaurants on the island. Was there last week and the food was great as always. Lovely atmosphere and location too.