We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ko Chang vs. Hua Hin???

Sunriver, Oregon
2 posts
Save Topic
Ko Chang vs. Hua Hin???

Hello, we will be visiting Bangkok in late January and are looking for a 2 night/3day beach excursion. We have ruled out Pattaya, as we would like a little bit more relaxed, upscale atmosphere. We are interested in either Hua Hin or Ko Chang. Can anyone give us a recommendation? I have been to Hua Hin before and enjoyed it, but Ko Chang would be new for us. We are looking at the Barali Beach Resort, has anyone else stayed here recently? I should mention that we are in our 30's but travelling with my parents who are 65, so trying to suit everyones tastes. Would love all opinions, Thanks!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,992 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ko Chang vs. Hua Hin???

Koh Chang is very different to Hua Hin. Both are nice (Koh Chang having better beaches and a more relaxed atmosphere), but if you have been to Hua Hua why not try Koh Chang?

Haven't stayed at The Burali but I will be on Koh Chang in December and will make a point of checking it out and please remind me to get back to you in early January. That shoul'nt be too late for you to go ahead and book as koh chang is only really packed on Thai national holidays and even then the top resorts are not usually fully booked. It has great scenery too, but shopping is very limited compared to Hua hin, though I guess you'll have time in bangkok for that!