We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with itinerary please

Teesside, England
Level Contributor
1,519 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Help with itinerary please

We will be driving from our B&B stop in Afton near Waynesboro to a B&B near Fancy Gap on the Blue Ridge parkway on route 81. We planned to stop at Natural Bridge but I am now thinking it's look a bit of a tourist trap! I didn't really want to visit the Haunted museum, Butterflies, Wax museum or a petting zoo! All I would have liked is to see the Natural Bridge! The only ticket price I can see is $40.99pp.

Taking the Blue Ridge Parkway all the way from Afton to Fancy Gap I think would be too long a drive.

Could somebody please suggest somewhere else we could stop along the way.

Edited: 1:48 pm, March 03, 2013
2 replies to this topic
Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
12,386 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with itinerary please

Natural Bridge is pretty "tourist trap-y", but one fun (and free) place to stop would be Foamhenge.

www.monstersanddinosaurs.com/FoamHenge.html

Maybe you'd like to take a detour off the Parkway and stop in Bedford. The National D-Day Memorial is there and is highly rated by TA reviewers. There also appear to be some nice B&Bs in Bedford.

Edited: 2:22 pm, March 03, 2013
Richmond VA USA
Destination Expert
for Richmond
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with itinerary please

They only show the combination ticket on their website, but you can go to Natural Bridge and just see the bridge only for a lesser price, or other combinations. I don't know what they'll be charging this year, but I wouldn't get that combo ticket. I doubt that many people buy that one, as most of the sites are definitely not worth your time.

Do stop at Foamhenge if you're in the Natural Bridge area, although storms and vandals are beginning to take a toll on it.

Reply to: Help with itinerary please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Natural Bridge