We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating at Mt Vernon Inn for Lunch

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
77 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Eating at Mt Vernon Inn for Lunch

It looks like they don't take reservations for lunch, and they stop serving lunch at 2:30. According to a review by a visitor on a Sunday, when they tried to go to lunch at 1, they were not able to because the line was so long.

I need to take a work conference call that would be done at 12:30, and then 10 minute drive to Mt Vernon, but it would all be on a Friday Oct 29. Does that mean I should plan on not being able to eat at the inn? My husband is vegetarian, so I didn't want to do dinner there as it didn't look particularly vegetarian friendly but would could get by at lunch.

I was really hoping for a "eating in a colonial times" experience, is there another place I might find that if Mt Vernon Inn is a no go?

Thanks in advance!

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
10,918 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating at Mt Vernon Inn for Lunch

You might enjoy Gadsby's Tavern in Old Town Alexandria. Your husband might have to settle for soup and a salad as its lunch menu is not particularly vegetarian-friendly. But I enjoy the atmosphere and the food. http://www.gadsbystavernrestaurant.com/

BTW, the weather here on Sunday was absolutely gorgeous, so I'm not surprised that there were a ton of people at Mt. Vernon and all wanting to eat at the Inn.

Edited: 11:12 am, October 27, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
77 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating at Mt Vernon Inn for Lunch

Thank you for the suggestion, it looks like an experience very similar to Mt Vernon Inn, so now I won't feel like I missed out on a colonial experience!

Thanks again

3. Re: Eating at Mt Vernon Inn for Lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:52 am, April 26, 2011