We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Martinsville Speedway - Help Please

Topeka, Kansas
Level Contributor
295 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Martinsville Speedway - Help Please

My girlfriend and I are looking into traveling down for the race in April of 2007. We have camped at Talladega and was wonding what camping at the Martinsville Speedway would be like. Is there something else you can suggest?

Thanks for the help!!

Mentioned in this post
Martinsville Speedway
Martinsville Speedway
183 Reviews
Martinsville, VA
USA
Level Contributor
80 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Martinsville Speedway - Help Please

Most campers staty at the Speedway. From what I can see (I'm orignially from M'ville) it's like one big family. There are some homes around that track that allow for camping in their yards but I don't know what the cost might be. As for camping at the Speedway they have Reserved and Non reserved. I'm not sure if this link will work but this is for a the 2006 Martinsville Speedway Guidebook:

martinsvillespeedway.com/uploads/assets/fans…

You should be able to cut and paste this link and the information about the camping is on page 19.

Hope this helps. If you can't get the link to work then reply to this message and I'll find a way to cut -n-paste the info here for you.

Mentioned in this post
Martinsville Speedway
Martinsville Speedway
183 Reviews
Martinsville, VA
Lynchburg, VA
Level Contributor
500 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Martinsville Speedway - Help Please

My husband and I went to the Talladega race a couple of weekends ago, and saw the campers all along the road coming into the speedway. We are also going to Martinsville this weekend, and I'll keep a close eye out for what their camping situation looks like. Any particular things you would like me to report? I won't be able to check this after about 5pm today (ET) so if you have any specifics the sooner the better to ask. (Sorry about the short timing). I'll respond to this post next week with my observations.

3. Re: Martinsville Speedway - Help Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, August 19, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Martinsville