We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Are Leesburg and Lightfoot the same city???

Which Leesburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina USA
Level Contributor
1,288 posts
76 reviews

Ranson, West...
Level Contributor
535 posts
23 reviews
1. Re: Are Leesburg and Lightfoot the same city???

There is an area of Williamsburg called Lightfoot. Not sure if maybe that is the area you are looking for? Can you give some more specifics on what you are looking for, or how/where Lightfoot was referenced, so we could better assist you?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
52 reviews
2. Re: Are Leesburg and Lightfoot the same city???

There is a restaurant in Leesburg called The Lightfoot.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,257 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Are Leesburg and Lightfoot the same city???

I was curious because some towns changed their names waaaaay back when. Leesburg was once named George Town but embraced the Lee family in its name when it became the county seat sometime after 1758.

Otherwise as far as I know Lightfoot and Leesburg are sort of on opposite ends. As someone already asked, I'd be interested to know how you are connecting the two names for the same city.

4. Re: Are Leesburg and Lightfoot the same city???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:20 pm, October 21, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Leesburg