We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CS Sao Rafael Atlantic Hotel

Irvine, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
13 reviews
CS Sao Rafael Atlantic Hotel

I'm going to be staying in a complex directly opposite the CS Sao Rafael Atlantic Hotel.

I note they have a direct access walkway to the beach and realise that weill likely be the quickest way to access the beach for myself and my family

Can non hotel guests use this?

How long does it take to walk and if we can't use it how long of a walk is it using another route?

Also, can non guests dine in the restaurant / drink in the bar / use the spa facilities?

Thanks,

10 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
58,124 posts
41 reviews
1. Re: CS Sao Rafael Atlantic Hotel

Can non hotel guests use this?

Yes, I have. It's about 5 or 6 minutes to walk. There are a few steps., so perhaps a bit longer coming back.

The other way to the beach isn't much further, you go down the road between the assorted buildings and there's a short walk at the end through the car park.

The last question I cannot answer.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
1,608 posts
56 reviews
2. Re: CS Sao Rafael Atlantic Hotel

I think you can use the CS Sao Rafael Atlantic Hotel restaurant, bar and Spa. However is an expensive hotel and maybe you will pay a lot! I never hab been in Atlantic Hotel but I already visit the bar and no poblem with it.

Leonor

Irvine, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: CS Sao Rafael Atlantic Hotel

Thankyou for your replies!

Irvine, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
13 reviews
4. Re: CS Sao Rafael Atlantic Hotel

Can anyone confirm if their are ATMs in or near this hotel?

Birmingham
Level Contributor
313 posts
26 reviews
5. Re: CS Sao Rafael Atlantic Hotel

Not sure about inside the hotel but definitely not any near by,the nearest is probably at the Marina(I think there is one there)otherwise Albuferia

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
58,124 posts
41 reviews
6. Re: CS Sao Rafael Atlantic Hotel

There is an ATM near Barclay's Bank at Albufeira marina, which is around 3/4 of a mile distant and the closest.

There is also one inside the Apolonia supermarket in Galé, about twice that distance, but it is a very nice supermarket and you could possibly kill two birds with one stone.

I do know that there are no others closer unless you count the one at the Oceano supermarket down on the main road towards Vale de Parra, which is also about a mile and a half.

Otherwise it's Albufeira old town, just over 2 miles by road.

Irvine, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: CS Sao Rafael Atlantic Hotel

Thanks guys thats really useful as I hadnt expected to have them so far away... will need to plan my withdrawls! Re the supermarket.. the owner of the apartment we are staying in suggested Lidl? Would that have an ATM?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
58,124 posts
41 reviews
8. Re: CS Sao Rafael Atlantic Hotel

So far as I remember there isn't one in LIDL and that is further than Apolonia, but not as classy.

If you were to go about 300 yards past LIDL and McDonald's just down the road, there is a major shopping centre with about six banks and cash machines all over the place.

This map should help. Where you will be is just about at the bottom left hand corner.

www.algarvebus.info/images/roundabouts.jpg

And this one shows the area of São Rafael and Galé

algarvebus.info/images/Gale_Sesmarias_Map.png

Irvine, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
13 reviews
9. Re: CS Sao Rafael Atlantic Hotel

Thanks all...

The owner had suggested Lidl because it was reasonably priced compared to the smaller tourist supermarkets.... how is the classy supermarket price wise?

Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,070 posts
10. Re: CS Sao Rafael Atlantic Hotel

http://www.apolonia.pt/en/index.php

It's more expensive, have a look at their online store?

Reply to: CS Sao Rafael Atlantic Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Sesmarias