We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question on Hotel at Massanutten Resort

Which Harrisonburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
question on Hotel at Massanutten Resort

We are not an owner here but would like to visit and just stay at the hotel on premises as the price is pretty reasonable at $96 per night. Has anyone stayed at the hotel section and is this decent? The reservationist said it was about 4 miles at the top of the mountain and an easy drive to the bottom where some of the activities were. Is there any near the hotel section such as a place to eat or any activitiy

Also are the rooms nice, big or small? Any information would be appreciated.

We are traveling with 3 kids ages 3, 5, and 15. Would you recommend staying here or should i stay overnight at exit 247a where all of the hotels are located. We will be coming back from a week at myrtle beach and staying for 2 nights.

Chesapeake, VA
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
3,833 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: question on Hotel at Massanutten Resort

Ginger, I have not stayed at the resort but have driven through several times. (My husband and I are JMU grads, and we have family in the area - no need for a hotel.) Staying onsight would appeal to me more than shuttling back and forth on Rt 33 just for the time-saving factor. You're doing a lot of driving on this vacation, so you might like the convenience of being in one spot. I know there are many restaurants at the resort, but I don't know their proximity to the hotel. It's a beautiful resort, well-laid out, attractive buildings and landscape. With the rate you were quoted, how bad could it be? This sounds like a winner.

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: question on Hotel at Massanutten Resort

thanks for responding.

know I was expecting to pay alot more per night so I guess it was a very good deal then.

i have been back and forth over the past few weeks with alot of places in mind. Most towns seems nice but alot of it focused on the museum or history type of stuff which we arent really into. I just dont think there would have been enough that would have appealled to the kids so I think this was the perfect choice for our last stop on our way home from myrtle beach. I did however enjoy Monticello while we were in Charlottesville a few years ago. Again thought of stopping there but nothing for the kids to do.

The only thing I have to decide now is if we want to drive the 7+ hours from Myrtle Beach or do a stopover for one night in between. I know we are passing through Greensboro but I think my husband would want to drive a bit further.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
5 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: question on Hotel at Massanutten Resort

My friend and I stayed there last October. The 2 bedroom unit was on the top floor of a 2 story building. I think there were 8 units in each building where we were. The summit. There is a laundry as you walk in the door. The main area was 1 full room. Large TV, fireplace, fold out couch and love seat. A large size dining table and chairs and a full kitchen with all you could need.

One bedroom had two twin beds and a tv. The master had a queen bed and a tv and their own washroom.

The main washroom was HUGE and also had a hot tub.

The unit was everything we could have asked for and the view was amazing. Deer came to the parking lot at dusk. There is also a balcony with chairs.

There is a water park at the resort. I never got there but the photo's look great. They have much to offer but I believe you have to pay extra for all the GOOD stuff. We did not use any of the facilities. There is a small restaurant in the main lodge but many other restaurants in the area. Harrisonburg is about 10 minutes away with everything you could want there.

ENJOY.

Roselle Park, New...
Level Contributor
2,354 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: question on Hotel at Massanutten Resort

thanks for responding. I would like to stay in one of the condos but we are staying in the hotel instead.

Onley, Va
Level Contributor
492 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: question on Hotel at Massanutten Resort

The hotel unit I stayed in was medium size, smallish bathroom, NO kitchen amenities at all. It is an easy drive down the mountain and close to the largest restaurant on the property (cant remember the name) also close to one of the recreation centers. Landscaping is very nice and we always seem to have plenty of deer wandering around the property which the kids all seem to like to see.

There is also a pizza/italian restaurant which I know delivers to the condos and I think would deliver to the hotel also.

the hotel we stayed in (I think the hotel buildings are all close together) is close to the general store also.

My biggest problem with the hotel was no coffeepot!

6. Re: question on Hotel at Massanutten Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, September 03, 2009