We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chateau Morissette Festival Package/ No package

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,397 posts
137 reviews
Save Topic
Chateau Morissette Festival Package/ No package

We are interested in visiting the Chateau Morissette Winery for a festival and an overnight package.

We would greatly appreciate the following questions answered so we can make our decisions.

1) Is the festival weekend package worth the cost?

2) Recommended NICE lodging in the area close to the winery.

3) Recommended NICE dining in the area close to the winery.

4) Any information on driving distance and time from Blowing Rock/ Boone, NC area.

Thank you for any help. It is greatly appreciated.

Salem, VA
Level Contributor
324 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Chateau Morissette Festival Package/ No package

In response to your question about Sunday & Monday, the stores in Floyd are open on Mondays. Smaller, family stores may be closed on Sundays. The "can't miss" shop, the Floyd Country Store opens at noon on Sundays. Here's a link: http://www.floydcountrystore.com/index.php On Mondays, I think there will be mostly locals in town.

Blue Ridge Mountains
2 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Chateau Morissette Festival Package/ No package

I am a local and although my information is not the best, I will do my best to help. If any information I give is incorrect, then I am truly sorry as it is not intended.

1) To the best of my knowledge, all of their packages are worth they cost. As to whether you actually save, not sure.

2) There really isn't any lodging "close" to the winery. All the lodging that I know if in Floyd is nice. There are many cabins

Hotels: Oak Haven, Hotel Floyd, Pine Tavern

B&B's: Miracle Farm, Ambrosia, Dutchies View, Willow Creek Cottages, Meadowood and Mountain Song Inn

Almost Heaven Cottages and many more cabins and cottages

3) I suggest the winery, Oddfella's, Woodberry Inn,

The Blue Ridge Restaurant in town is good for breakfast or lunch. It's simple home cooking.

4) About 4 hours driving time on the parkway but it is a beautiful drive!

If you are looking for local flavor, then shopping is pretty much out on Sunday. Sunday would be a good day to visit Mabry Mill and site see on the parkway.

The best advice I can give you is to call the winery. They have much more information and I am sure they would be happy to help.

Blue Ridge Mountains
2 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Chateau Morissette Festival Package/ No package

I forgot to add there is much more to see than just the parkway and Mabry Mill. There are many beautiful places to see, as well as art, music and too much to list.

My personal favorite places are the shops in town of Floyd, Harvest Moon, Bread Basket, Kay's Jewelry, Pine Tavern and Woodberry Inn. Although I am not positive the Woodberry is still open. The last two times I have been out that way they were closed.

I am sure you can find enough to fill more than two days worth of time. No matter which nights you stay there will be plenty to see and do. You could always ask someone at a restaurant or at the hotel to suggest a few of their personal favorites or tourist sites.

Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Chattanooga, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Mountains
Level Contributor
7,397 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Chateau Morissette Festival Package/ No package

I so appreciate all your information. There are 6 of coming for a visit to see and enjoy the beauty of your area. We are excited about our visit. We are confirmed at the Mountain Rose Inn. They have been delightful to work with.

Thank you so much to your input.

15. Re: Chateau Morissette Festival Package/ No package

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 03, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Floyd
More Floyd Topics