We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation to National Harbor

Which Falls Church hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bloomfield Hills...
Level Contributor
1 post
39 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation to National Harbor

I will be staying at the Westin Tyson Corners in Falls Church. I bought tickets for my daughter and I to see Cirque de Soleil at National Harbor. Would a taxi be the best way to get back and forth and how much would it cost? Or is there another method of transportation that would be better?

3 replies to this topic
Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
10,916 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation to National Harbor

According to this 2009 flyer from the Gaylord National Harbor hotel, the taxi fare from the hotel to Tyson's Corner is about $47. Based on current taxi fares, I think you would be spending closer to $60.

gaylordhotels.com/gaylord-national/direction…

Unfortunately, there are no good options for public transportation between your hotel and National Harbor. It would involve 2 bus rides and 2 Metro rides and would take about 2 hours. (See the Trip Planner feature on www.wmata.com for details.)

While I think the taxi will be your best (and perhaps only) choice, you could call the concierge at your hotel to see if he/she has any other ideas.

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,835 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation to National Harbor

I would rent a car for the day -- it will cost less than the round trip taxi. Enterprise will even pick you up at your hotel. Taking public transit isn't really practical, as longhorn notes.

Arlington, Virginia
Level Contributor
10,916 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation to National Harbor

Yes, a rental car would make the most sense, especially since I see on the Westin Tyson Corner's website that they offer free self-parking. So you can park it overnight after Cirque du Soleil and won't have any added parking fees.

Reply to: Transportation to National Harbor
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted