We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Fall Church

Which Falls Church hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
virginia
Level Contributor
108 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in Fall Church

We will be going to Falls Church, Va this weekend and staying at the Fairview Park Hotel with a group of 8. We need to know good places to eat close to the hotel. Can you help us?

Arlington, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Arlington
Level Contributor
2,835 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Fall Church

Will you have cars? If no, then I believe your only options are at the hotel itself -- it is not in a pedestrian friendly area.

If yes, then you're in a better situation. For a fancy meal, 2941 Restaurant is about a 3 minute drive from your hotel (I suppose you could also walk to this one, although it is a walk through office parks).

For not so fancy but good, Sweetwater Tavern at the corner of Route 50 / Gallows Road is a good option; it is a 5 minute drive from your hotel but impossible to reach by foot as you must cross under an interstate on a limited access road. That same shopping center also has a Pizzaria Uno (I think) and a Chevy's Tex Mex. They all get really crowded during peak dinner hours on weekends, so call ahead or plan to wait a while.

virginia
Level Contributor
108 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Fall Church

Thank you so much for your help. We will have our cars.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Fall Church

Yes, there is a Pizzaria Uno in the same plaza with Sweetwater. There is also a Panda Express which is cafeteria-style Chinese food, but good (IMHO).

I highly recommend Sweetwater. Food is consistently good, and they use team serving, so meals are fast, and service is always on top of your needs and they handle groups well. They are a local chain. They don't do reservations, but you can do call-ahead seating 703 645 8100 is the #. (I was just there Saturday.) Warning-they DO get busy, so don't expect to go over there at dinner rush and not have to wait for a table. Call ahead. But even with a packed house, they crank out the food. I have not had a bad experience there yet, and I bet my family /co-workers and I have eaten in Sweetwaters 50+ times over the years.

A meal at 2941 in the last year left us disappointed. If you are willing to drop a few bills on fancy eats, and you have access to a car-you can do better.

Use the Washingtonian.com website for great resource on dining options, and also use the Restaurants tab here on this site (look to the left in the menu).

Edited: 10:50 am, March 08, 2010
4. Re: Restaurants in Fall Church

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, September 05, 2010